South Carolina woman spends $180 for wooden Apple iPad
0. phoneArena 30 Aug 2011, 20:50 posted on
A woman in South Carolina thought she was getting a bargain when she spent $180 to buy an Apple iPad only to discover that the FedEx box she received contained "a piece of wood painted black with the Apple logo"; if caught, those selling the bogus tablet could get 90 days in jail and a fine less than $1,000...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Bacon_Hat (unregistered)
Told ya people will buy anything with an Apple sticker!
7. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
i agree. And im one of them. And? what now?
23. YourAToolThen (unregistered)
Congratulations! Your a f**kin tool! Flex those internet muscles, YEA!!
37. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Trust me little man we can do it in person
Send me a PM i will send you may address or we can meet some where. I just be saying jokes up here but if you want to start crying i will spank you.
email me for my info. email@example.com
39. YourAToolThen (unregistered)
You ain't hard, get off it.
2. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
1) what kind of dumbass buys things from "guys on the street" and doesnt check it first?
2) you didnt think it was suspicious when they took $180 bucks for a "new" ipad that they would have just paid like 400-600 for?!?! lol
3. Cinnamon (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)
To clear this out, she must of bought it online BECAUSE she got it in a fedex box lol...
6. Shade (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
"Two men had approached her and offered her an Apple iPad for $300. When McDowell replied that she only had $180 on her, the men agreed to the price and *HANDED* her a FedEx box."
Not for nothing, but he was right..
9. superguy (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Nah, she was quite smart! She saved herself a ton of money by talking the guys into giving her a 40% discount! :D
10. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1210; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Why didn't she just turn around and sell it to someone else? Clearly, there's a lot of dumb people running around there...
30. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
You guys are just mad that a block of wood with Apple on it can sell better than Android
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
she probably thought she was buying a 4g ipad as well :)
13. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Thats a cheap shot. For no really reason either
17. wumberpeb (Posts: 452; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Calm down, everybody knows the iPad 2 is 2G. The iPhone 4 is 4G, duh!
40. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Really? Coming from the guy who watches wrestling, lmao.
24. YourAToolThen (unregistered)
Looks like biophone thought it was 4G too, lol. Don't be butt-hurt.
12. SMDHLMAO (unregistered)
DUM DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMMM
14. pongkie (Posts: 520; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
she didn't even got one of those chinese knockoffs SAD
15. Mike (unregistered)
It has an actual Apple Logo? How much does she want for it? I'll take it.
16. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2096; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
She couldn't have been any dumber!!! Lol wow
18. AppleHater (unregistered)
well it's actually not that far from the real thing :D
19. haha (unregistered)
thats an apple consumer for ya.
25. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
yup you are right. And uh now what?
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
hahahahahaha I don't feel sorry for her at all.
22. maxxx (unregistered)
she should of called the police and say: i`m stupid, please arrest me now
26. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
I knew Apple customers had wood between their ears, didn't know they also had it between their hands....LOL LOL LOL, Apple sux
27. theo14461 (Posts: 236; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
All is not lost, she can keep it displayed in her home as a reminder of a product that will be extinct in about a year.
29. wilt (unregistered)
LMAO IF SHE WOULD HAVE HAD THE $300 LIKE THEY ASKED AT FIRST SHE MAY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REAL iPAD BUT SHE ONLY HAD $180 so SHE got $180 WORTH OF APPLE Ipad $300 would get you the apple and $180 GOT HER THE APPLE TREE STUMP "LITERALLY" LMAO
32. wilt (unregistered)
and its even funnier because more than likely if guys came up to her on the street the ipad mostly likely if it was real would have be "HOT" as in stolen, And she called the police it wouls have been funny if they would have arrested her for buying/or attempting to buy stolen goods.
35. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
And I will bet $500 that when the crooks are captured they will sue for the $180 they made and punitive damages in the amount of $100,000 for using the Apple logo without permission and for making the wooden block too much like the iPad