Source: The all new HTC One (M8) will be a Verizon exclusive for two weeks, starting March 25th
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2014, 23:57 posted on
Verizon customers were upset last year when it appeared that they would not get a shot at the HTC One. At the time, it was thought that Verizon wanted to give the HTC DROID DNA some more time on the shelves instead of releasing HTC's new flagship model. Finally, well after the other three major U.S. carriers had released it, Verizon finally launched the HTC One...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zachattack (Posts: 598; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! (to all you that hate on verizon constantly, because we are better than you)
with love, me
9. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
As a verizon customer, I loathe VZW...The only reason I stay with them is because of their coverage. There are so many devices that I would give my left nut to have on Verizon's network (need I even say 'Nexus'?).
This is a good gesture none the less... Certainly does not make Verizon better... I feel 'Better' is relative
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
VZW is perennially the last carrier to have the great toys. Finally a turn-around.
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
verizon for great coverage and tmobile for great quality
aTNT and sprint inbetween
34. akki20892 (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
We can wait few weeks, it doesn't matter.
3. baldilocks (Posts: 556; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Does't bother me in the least. Verizon has no service at my house and I'm happy with my Nexus 5.
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Either Verizon has it exclusive for a while or all carriers are releasing it on March 25th.
6. janis (Posts: 49; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
i am out of luck, i am stuck in uk but not near to London, so i will be waiting longer, eh..
15. camera531 (Posts: 184; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I have no sympathy for anyone in the UK! You guys always get the best phones first and often great ones that never hit the US. Sony Z1 Compact, Hauwei Ascend P6, etc.
42. Commentator (Posts: 2573; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Not to mention faster speeds at lower prices, and British accents.
7. aldridhl (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
heh, I doubt many non-verizon people are going to lose sleep over this- it's not that long of an exclusive.
11. robert26101 (Posts: 88; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
I don't believe this so called "trusted" source. Why would at&t also be advertising the phone and giving 1 away a day? It doesn't make any sense to me. Also I have a hard time trusting these rumors remember all the "trusted" leaks saying the s5 would have a 2k screen 3 gigs of ram and so on. That would be a bad deal for htc to only sell to Verizon customers for 2 weeks they need every sale they can get.
26. alouden (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I would more believe an AT&T exclusive. And, you're right. HTC hurt themselves with these "exclusives."
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i hope its not another half plastic sandwhich design like the htcone with plasic in the middle and glued on speaker grilles and cheap quality aluminium that bends when drooped
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3643; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hey that plastic sandwich thingy was with one max and one mini. The One had total aluminium unibody except the front was glass of course
17. zachattack (Posts: 598; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
So many mad people, let me lick your tears nahm nahm mmm the taste of bitterness and rejection.
18. JMartin22 (Posts: 1298; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Lol, who cares about that exclusivity. Now if they made the S5 exclusive for those two weeks, people probably would have actually flocked. The fact that a phone (that's trying to be popular) needs to let itself be a carrier exclusive probably isn't all that popular to begin with. This is along the lines of those lame Nokia Lumia phones and AT&T holding exclusivity on them for months.
45. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't think it's like that at all. Verizon paid HTC to give them exclusivity for a while because they think this phone has a lot of hype surrounding it which will draw some attention to Verizon. If the nation's largest carrier thinks this phone will make waves, I think it's something to look out for.
19. zachattack (Posts: 598; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Actually now that i think about this article, phone arena, and their leaksters i bet it is bulls**t. I just want the phone on time i don't really care about exclusivity. All the leaksters suck huge wiener anyway they are never right about anything
27. papss (unregistered)
Well crap❕ I hope this isn't true. I was wishing to get this beautiful phone on the 25th❕
28. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3643; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hey papss glad i found you now. I want to thank you a mouthful. Last week we were talking bout my low res phone. I think you gave me a lot of curses and hatred. And the result after 3 days. My uncle gifted me a brand NEW NEXUS 7 2013. He was returning home after a long time. Found the nexus for sale at cheap so he brought it to me. Again thanks mate.
29. papss (unregistered)
Glad for you sir.. My wife's nexus 7 has done her well this far. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Its a great tablet for sure.. Again cingrats
35. AfterShock (Posts: 3479; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Bad juju HTC!
Though if this true, wonder why Canadian carrier isn't being treated/leaked same way?
Usually what hold true for one in the states, does here as well.
I have my doubts about this as it would be bad for HTC imo to pent up sales for other carriers in a instant gratification society, again.
37. NoFanboy (Posts: 252; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
I'm loving this. I desperately waited 5 months for the one last year
43. karkavelas (Posts: 58; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Come on htc bring it on.!!!
I have the money ready, to buy that think.
46. JunitoNH (Posts: 1027; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Aren't the children supposed to be in bed? or doing some studying or something? You guys really need to get some fresh air more often. Instead of being glued to the screen all the time.
48. papss (unregistered)
What are you doing here then?
47. jeroome86 (Posts: 62; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Good for Verizon. Bad decision for HTC. This should be available for all 4 big carriers day one. Hope they don't take this route.
50. barondebxl (Posts: 105; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
The general consumers won't even know this phone is released. S5 ftw!
51. edmundzea (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
wait ,when is this going global , people in Africa Are also people yah know
52. Rager722 (Posts: 242; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
SCREW YOU VERIZON! Just seeing others with the phone I want! Makes me :(