Sony's Xperia brand image 'just as good as the iPhone', according to Japan's largest carrier
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2013, 09:56 posted on
“To win against the iPhone, we have to offer a model which is generally easy to use,” Tsubouchi said. “Sony’s brand and Xperia’s image are just as good as the iPhone.”...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Xperia brand is as good as iPhone?
Too bad it's not as good as Galaxies :)
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Too bad Galaxies don't have beautiful designs and premium materials like on the Xperias.
41. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
TwentyWendy, want to buy us drink from that pay cheaque you got from samsung? ;)
45. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Let TwentyWendy show the cheque from Samsung, and you show the cheque from Sony.
Works both ways..
6. Omarc07 (Posts: 391; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Ill take an xperia phone anyday over a galaxy s4
13. Omarc07 (Posts: 391; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Hmm lets see I had 2 galaxies s4s hated the cheap plastic design but watevs decided to still keep em and try em out they both had the same problems they overheated got so hot couldn't even keep in my pocket. Returned them got an xperia Z and an an htc one so far so happy both feel better no cheap plastic and they dont overheat.
15. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I don't buy this reason, sound unrealistic...
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Lmao! Wendy is gonna cry. lol
19. Omarc07 (Posts: 391; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Well honestly I dnt care what u think btw its a true story.
21. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
What makes you buy 2 gs4s in the 1st place?
Fake fake fake...
34. Omarc07 (Posts: 391; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Your dumb and I bought 2 because one was for my girlfriend I didnt put that on my firSt comment because I didnt think It was necessary but now that u insist well yes one was for me the other for my girlfriend.
20. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
for you, because you're a samsung fanboy, you will deny anything that defies your samsung.
64. tonygoz (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
who cares how it sounds to you or even if u buy it.... it is what it is... GET OVER IT.
39. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
overheat must be just u then i got the s600 and octa versions and they get very warm but never overheat
40. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i had htc one and xperia z
htc one - hated blinkfeed and screen was alittle smaller then i liked used to 5"
xperia z - nice body but didnt like the sh*ty screen
57. GeekMovement (Posts: 2137; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Funny, the HTC One that I bought overheated a ton more than my returned Galaxy S4.
10. Lyngdoh (Posts: 235; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Lol! You must be jealous. Galaxy is a stupid name for mobiles.
23. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
samsung dilute the quality of their galaxy line with too many unnecessary phones and similar soap bar designs. they shoul have kept their galaxy line limited to Galaxy S series, Note series, and S mini series and offered slightly premium design/materials. even if you pick up a low end xperia, it oozes premium-ness. same cannot be said about samsung phones.
43. nnjerzy (Posts: 115; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
There really isnt anything great about the Galaxy line either... its just a fan fav,, doesnt mean its the best either...
60. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
not good as plastic phone :)
Behold !!! Galaxies fan boys comments are comming
2. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
in my country yes
xperia brand is treated as next to apple
5. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
keep it up sony u r better than any android manufacturer
7. papss (unregistered)
Oh boy.. That's typical of a carrier when they don't get what the want.
8. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
in my country, galaxies brand started to fall! and HTC ,xperia are coming up!
its a good sign that ppl now started to realized design, quality and experience are more important
11. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Umm, the galaxy device has better design, better quality and even better experience thanks to touchwiz fyi :)
14. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
better design and quality ...
thank you for entertaining us!
16. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Truth are always entertaining mate :)
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Specially when it is told by a troll :D
52. boosook (Posts: 1415; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
LOL! Good one! You're a talented comedian! Tell us where you perform and we'll come to have a good laugh…
65. tonygoz (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
faffinWendy, u are only here for the attention... i suggest u run along now to the kids corner for some tea and biscuits........ go on now ....
27. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Same here. Everyone asking about my Xperia V because it looks nicer than Galaxy. The problem with Sony is their marketing. Most people thought Sony dont make Android (more known for Walkman and Cybershot series) so they assume all Samsung phone is android. They dont even know Android belong to Google not Samsung
56. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
another reason is that they were sony ericson before....and they were crap. Pure sony is WAY better but people still associate.
22. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Sony well atleast ur doing very well in ur country becoz here in my country Sony flop....Metal design so what! i dont care about the metallic body and waterproof phone becoz im not that stupid to use my phone when im taking a shower, hello! just wait and see Samsung will surprise us!
30. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 579; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
If you don't care about the premium materials of Xperia phones and waterproofing/dustproofing then why are you Samsung fanboys always say "Samsung is so innovative because they now made a metal phone and it is also dust/waterproof! I am so going to buy it." Please, fanboyism blinds you.
37. timepilot84 (Posts: 113; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I'm using an Xperia Play right now, and it's a piece of crap. Sorry to burst your fanboy bubble. Sony isn't all that.
42. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 579; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Well, you are talking about Sony Ericsson and NTT Docomo is talking about Sony Mobile so there is a huge difference between the 2011 and the 2013 Xperias. I agree that the Play sucks, I didn't liked it since the leaks. Also, I am not a Sony fanboy, I am neutral. I just stated the fact what and how blinded fanboys always praise their favorite brand.
63. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
its Sony ERICSSON Xperia Play, and the article is about SONY. There is a HUGE difference. Even i say that Sony Ericsson sucked ballz. Try a SONY device and see for yourself.
48. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Is it water-proof or water-resistant? Technically there's a big difference between the two terms often confused with each other. Sony's site says it is "water resistant"
if we debate with just wrong facts we shouldn't be calling one from other side of fence as "fanboys" :)
58. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 579; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Oh yeah. Didn't see that coming. Well, if I am a Sony fanboy I could easily just say it as water resistant but I didn't so I am not.
24. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Sony has no innovation at all right now Samsung is the king of the phablet and smartphone. Sony just copying Samsung Phablet! Thats the truth! Metallic design and waterproof!Hello they just copy it from other brand.....i know Samsung also copy but they innovate bringing futuristic device. How many percent does Sony have in the market?NONE!LOL!
29. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
sony copied metallic design and waterproof capability of samsung? you lost me there!
32. Remmy (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
How ignorant of you. Please tell me how is the addition of a stylus more innovative then having a highly sensitive screen which lets you use most pointed things as your own stylus.
36. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Innovation ? Samsung never created and manufactured an all new device that changed whole market. Real innovation is something like Walkman or Iphone. Samsung is not an innovator; Samsung copies pre-existing technology with mostly minor changes.
47. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Walkman? Go die under a bus you retarded moron.
49. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
The Walkman was a massive innovation in the late 70's early 80's I mean come on carrying music around in your pocket was just a madman's dream till the Walkman came along.
53. boosook (Posts: 1415; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
We've had enough of these samsung-paid forum spammers… every thread on every phone… how much do you earn per comment?
54. dmn666 (Posts: 244; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Not much. Nobody's gonna pay a dime to these noobs. Take them as unpaid clowns.
25. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I think 4.6 inch is perfect size for smartphone.
31. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 579; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Well, I guess that quote can be confirmed when it was said that Apple praises Sony.