Sony's Xperia Z Ultra will let you write on it with keys, coins and pens [video]
The folks behind Chinese ePrice appear to have taken this promise to heart, for they have posted a video on YouTube where they subject the Xperia Z Ultra's screen to some rather extreme testing.
Luckily, a Stanley knife doesn't appear to register well enough with the phablet, so that precludes us from suggesting you consider a more sensible alternative that has your (future) phablet's longevity closer to heart. That being said, using your keys will work. And so will a coin or a pen. Actually, we'll just let you have a look for yourself, and see that Sony's promise mostly holds true.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is set for launch by the end of the month in Hong Kong, and as early as September 13 in the UK. Availability info is still sparse, but we'll let you know once we know more.
source: ePrice via XPERIA Blog
1. q_businessman (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
I am oddly enthralled by this device. Too bad i won't be able to afford one. :/
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Our Daniel was WAAAAAAAAY cooler with the S4 control via milk bottle, fork and... iPhone. :D
PhoneArena for the creative win!!!
5. pwnarena (Posts: 720; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
no comparison. it's the ability to register handwriting with various things that is being featured here but maybe gs4 can actually do the same.
3. Lyngdoh (Posts: 212; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
It would be awesome treat if sony use this technology in honami too.
24. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
YEAH! its great for scratching ur DISPLAY! LOL!
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Your fingers is the best stylus :)
key? Coins? Seriously?
ain't nobody got time for that..
10. istitch (Posts: 152; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
why dont you jot down notes using your fingers?
21. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
without ur fingers u cannot type anything on the screen!ST***D! use ur finger!use ur BRAIN!
22. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
without ur finger u cannot hold a single coin to sketch on that AWFUL display!
11. Aviiiiis (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Why should I think about it when the big beast is coming on 4th of September, that will show what should be the real qualities of phablet.
19. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
plastic phone that can sell million device! and how about SONY!? A BIG FLAP!
15. pyradark (Posts: 712; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
what to expect!! they love copying others innovation coz all they can do is do a lot of bloatware
18. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
whos copying phablet now?Oh! is that u SONY whos copying SAMSUNG! LOL
23. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
what can we expect to SONY!? we expect copying SAMSUNG!
16. jomzkie (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
well sony is also a copycat becoz galaxy note is the first phablet!