Sony's 6.5" Togari phablet to come as Xperia ZU, sport a 1080p Triluminous display
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2013, 04:41 posted on
It turns out that the first big-screen phone from Sony might be named Xperia ZU (from Ultra/Ultimate?). The handset is said to have a 1080p Full HD display with Sony's new Triluminous technology, power it with a Snapdragon 600 or 800, depending on whose report you believe, and sport an 8MP Exmor RS camera module...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mi55u (unregistered)
so many xperia with dated specs these day
26. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Man i really wish they also release Honami phone(5 inches, 20 mp camera)
29. tadaa (Posts: 263; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
I wonder why all these trolls have flocked here on pa. When i started reading here there weren't much of them
34. omar300 (Posts: 198; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i know there were too many trolls on engadet so i moved here and now too many trolls here too.
9. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Good to see now how Sony follow market trend..
Note 3 competitor!!
But 6.5 inch quite big....
25. red_fox (unregistered)
big? this thing is already a tablet not Phablet.
27. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Thats what I mean....
Too big but hey..
People like big things!!
12. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
yupe ... just like another week and another xperia
17. Kurai (unregistered)
naaah . . . this is not a samsung article
2. amats69 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
bring it on Sony! hmmm were expecting a phablet war between Note 3, this sony ZU and the rumored HTC T6 this coming months! im exited
3. eggimage (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
how is T6 part of this war if it doesn't even come with a stylus
6. amats69 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Stylus is the definition of being a phablet? I said it is a war between phablets not a war between stylus
7. eggimage (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
a phablet war between just these 3 devices?????????
there are lots other phablets out there with similar screen sizes.
and it's super obvious that note3 and ZU are meant for purposes beyond mere phablets for the fact that they have an active stylus.
you're trying to compare things from different categories and thinking they serve the same purposes.
8. amats69 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
yeah i know that theres a lot of phablet on the market but i only mention these three OEM because they are the hottest this days....and me comparing things from different categories? what category? stylus? LOL dude i said PHABLET! i included the T6 because as rumored specs says it has the characteristic of being a PHABLET! not just because it dont have stylus you cant call it a phablet,....
10. amats69 (Posts: 1135; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
first of all.. try to do a research about what PHABLET really are..then comeback to me if you already know the meaning of Phablet.......nuff said
19. eggimage (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
tell me "exactly where" in any of my comments said "T6 isn't a phablet" :)
all I said was you're comparing the stylus-less T6 with the other 2 specifically sporting the stylus, and excluding all other phablets while calling this a phablet war with this weird narrow sense
5. eggimage (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
given that note3 is reportedly to come with plastic casing again, and the fact that lately Sony has been producing beautifully designed products with high end materials, both laptops and mobile devices, I'll definitely choose Xperia ZU over note3 if it arrives with snapdragon 800..
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2141; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Samsung will once again deliver the total package. To this day the Note II is the best phablet around with smooth performance, exclusive features like multi-window and airview and epic battery life, all of recent phablet releases and rumors suggest that rivals are doing the catch-up not the break away. I'm sure Samsung has plenty of new ideas in store so yeah, I'd suggest you to wait.
13. justsayit (Posts: 250; Member since: 09 May 2013)
did you hear about optimus g pro??
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Wtf are you on....the optimus g pro doesn't even hold a candle to the phablet might of the note 2
22. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Yes I hear about Optimus G Pro and I use Note 2 They're from this same father!
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
If you think it comes with crapdragon 800 or oled screen, dream on Sony fans
18. Kurai (unregistered)
Triluminous will be better than your crap samoled or whatever marketing s**t samsung calls it
28. lovefist (unregistered)
will be better huh. very reassuring. it's not even out yet and you're already praising the tech.
36. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Sony already use it on their tv. Its better and more accurate than your amoled crap
21. istitch (Posts: 173; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
There will only be 7 planets left
After I destroyed Uranus.
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Crapdragon half baked A9&A15
Not a pure A15™
33. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Who needs pure A15 when this snapdragon 800 is better than exynos octa lol
32. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Triluminos is better than your amoled asshole. Are u gay btw? A guy with a girl name lol
16. Phaze0085 (Posts: 103; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Where do they get the 6.5" from in the title, when in report in and everything else points to it being 6.4"?
20. Mobilephile (Posts: 91; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Mini Tablet! Sony's making a comeback in a big way!
30. pyradark (Posts: 786; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
If this is equip with triluminous display, Ill go for it, i saw how great this IPS tech equip on the new vaio slider!!! Perfect
31. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I was wondering if Sony will deliver a WP8 version... NVM the console war already exist :P
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6792; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now this is the one i've been waiting for
37. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
The next best thing is already here. Why wait? LOL!