Sony's 2012 portfolio launch schedule leaks with pricing, exotic food codenames in tow
0. phoneArena 18 Jan 2012, 02:49 posted on
Sony's sales report for India is making the rounds, and the part that leaks its upcoming handsets for 2012, is particularly interesting, more so since they leaked with the suggested pricing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I like that HAYABUSA name, sounds like a yakusa samurai of some sort. I wonder if it somehow has any resemblance to the super bike made by Suzuki. . .
5. Firedrops (Posts: 231; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive franchise. Ring any bells?
6. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I see what you did there. . . So this could be a kick ass phone, nice. . .
. . .
17. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Both franchises took the name Hayabusa from the Japanese hawk. FYI
15. gammaSharma (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Its a Quad Core Fast Device with Glass Less HD 3D screen and 3D recording. Hence the name.
2. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I wanna see what'll the HAYABUSA look like!
3. nanozander (Posts: 85; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Kinda wished the Hayabusa would be a quad core phone with speed and power to live up to its name =)
4. nanozander (Posts: 85; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
From the logic of "what you pay is what you get", kinda makes you think what kinda phone is the "Mint 1" / "Mint I"~ XD
7. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
nice to see new ST-Ericsson based smartphones
8. cyborg009 (Posts: 100; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
That Mint has got to be some fuking MONSTER !!! Can some1 find its specs pls :) and also Hayabusas !! ... anyways m buying xperia S when its released in India in march.. can't wait any more !!
9. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sony will revolutionize android this year.
MINT FTW! :D
i bet xperia play successor is one of those two high end phones.
It think it will have a quad core s4 proc, or pick up that beasty GPU from the vita (quad core power VR SGX543)
But here's what i would do if i were Sony CEO - i'd drop the sliding gamepad concept, and offer the playstation gamepad acessory as an option for the entire high end range - the Xperia Play 2 just being the usual candybar form, but coming with the loads of games pre loaded, as well as with that gamepad as the part of the retail package
10. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
thinkin' about it makes me wonder if either the Hayabusa or the mint will be the Xperia Play successor.
11. smartx84 (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
so much for outing a "few" if not "one".... any way the list can be considered a "few" i guess...
12. StreetNerd (Posts: 787; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
dont tell me they are releasing 12 android phones?! -__-
pls give me some WP phones also!!!!
13. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Maybe we'll be expecting a "Sony Xperia Nexus" this year ;)
14. gammaSharma (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Really happy to see Xperia S under 30k INR.
16. xiobnb (Posts: 74; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
oh great ...i wanted to buy the xperia s now i m confused....
18. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
By the way, just to let you know, other than the iPhone and 2-3 other phones, India does not have contract pricing. We just buy the phone and put whatever SIM card we have into it. So, these must be contract-free prices (although I heard Sony is tying up with a carrier for one model). I'm also guessing these are the MRP, which means the market prices will be slightly lower. The online store prices may be a shade lower than "the lower".
19. pegasso (Posts: 245; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
Sony Ericsson Kumquat = Sony Ericsson ST25i Xperia U
20. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Sony going to kick some major ass.this year. I'm going to pass on the iON and buy the Hayabusa. Im looking forward to this speedy phone with its high end camera.
21. hitechredneck (Posts: 88; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Do you realize that hayabusa is the ion because its just a little more than the experia S which just really has a smaller screen 4.3 compared to 4.55 for the ION. It's the Mint thats the flagship. Hopefully at&t will have family data plans by then so I can use one of my other lines to upgrade if I buy the ION next month. Maybe the Experia GX is possibly the Mint.