Sony will sell New York headquarters for $1.1 billion
0. phoneArena 18 Jan 2013, 07:46 posted on
After Nokia first sold its headquarters in Finland, now it’s Sony’s turn to start selling out core assets for cash…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
Hmmm... It's a tough market right now.
18. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
PA shouldn't complain for Sony cuz they r about to make a come-back with their Sony Xperia Z and (possibly) ZL
2. anupam.chopra (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Buy it For 236 million sell it for 1.1 Billion. 550% return in 10 years. Not bad ..... :-)
5. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
dont say out loud, at&t will cry lol
8. android_hitman (Posts: 649; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
not bad dude... but it's stupid to sell such a nice asset...
11. the_best (Posts: 137; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
not entirerly true, the usd lost nearly half its value in that time.. but its still a nice profit =)
6. BLikens1619 (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 Apr 2008)
So does this mean that the Sony Store at 550 Madison Avenue will close as well?
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nothing will get closed, Sony will stay there and continue using it on a lease
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1372; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
if i had money ...ill just buy that Building for no apparent reason
10. oister85 (Posts: 408; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
How bad is sony struggling right now.
I hope the z help them
Also the nokia with the lumia 920
12. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 841; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Poor Sony, it's a mere shadow of its former self, they need to focus on at least getting back in the black financially. How the mighty have fallen.
13. r41nier (Posts: 63; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
Sony changed strategy 9 months ago with the new CEO. We will see it's effect on the future of Sony. I'm sure Xperia Z will help them rise again.
14. techloverNYC (Posts: 420; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Its not like sony actually lose money in this deal
17. oister85 (Posts: 408; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
yeah but that means they struggling internelly with money
16. MrJerry (Posts: 397; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Plz rise up sony
I just dont want sammy to dominate whole market
I want competition
It is good for everyone except for lazy-lame company
19. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
sony has been hurting for awhile
no one really gives a crap about their televisions, laptops, or computers
apart from the z for (att)? and the playstation series. they are only eeking it out right now