Sony to unify its phones and tablets under the Xperia brand, 9.4" aluminum slate coming September
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2012, 06:57 posted on
Leaked slideshow reveals a $400 9.4" "Xperia" tablet, with splashproof aluminum body and Tegra 3 quad-core processor, signaling that Sony will unify its smartphones and tablets under the Xperia brand, in line with the One Sony strategy...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Design-wise and marketing-wise Sony knows, what it is doing, spec-wise it is just another Android tablet. Ergo i would choose Infinity Pad over it... And the new iPad over Infinity Pad, trololo.
3. Y_S_L (Posts: 22; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
i just don't understand why sony never uses's high-end
hardwares...? just look at there TV and Zseries labtop....!
6. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
If Sony using high end hardware, tag price will surpass Apple. Sony Entertainment Network, Amazon and ITune.....hello! .....Sony just realm of a control freak and you look at a Sonic Stage in the late 1990 for MiniDisc Sony ATRAC format vs MP3 media arena, what have to brought them? It just did not learn!!!
4. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
yes finally something from sony that can rival the big guns Sony forever my favourite btw the slate or whatever you wanna call it looks futuristic and awesome.
5. marchels14 (unregistered)
i didn't expect a tablet from Sony.xperia tablet in that case.looks good.
7. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Bandage technology, if you need extra juice then attach a battery pack. I preferred Asus Transformer that you have freedom of extra juice/keyboard/tablet - its feature usb and full size SD card and mouse pad.
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I hope Sony will support Windows (Phone) 8 when their financial burden lessen more
9. sonisoe (Posts: 386; Member since: 06 May 2009)
no tab gets me excited cos they're of minimal use...except for windows 8....there's no reason for anyone itching for a table to not get a windows 8
10. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
If they put a FHD display on the tablet it would be intriguing to me, there are just to many FHD display tablets for the same price out there and the same specs. Infinity Pad for example
12. Fluxman (Posts: 51; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Wait, did anyone else notice that the new tablet will come with Macro support for the IR blaster? Awesome!
13. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
really? a dislike? who the f*ck would deslike a comment that is like this comment! the guy just said that the macro functionality in the ir is awesome, that person who disliked it doesn't understand sh*t. I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow 8.9 to 9.7 is standard! greater than that it looks ridiculous!!!
i hope they will make Windows tablet too!
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'll wait for a JELLY BEAN XPERIA Tablet S can't wait for this one to come out. next phone will be a XPERIA/TABLET/TV making all my products SONY