Sony to shoehorn Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 inside Sony Xperia Z refresh?
0. phoneArena 23 Jun 2013, 18:27 posted on
Eldar Murtazin has sent out a tweet saying the Russian blogger is trying out an updated version of the Sony Xperia Z powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor; Murtazin's take on this refreshed version of its Android flagship model? According to his tweet, the new version of the Sony Xperia Z is "really fast"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (Posts: 2876; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
What an exciting time for us consumers. I can't wait to see real world results from these powerhouses..
2. james004 (limited) (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 May 2013)
everyday just hoping this honami rumors are actually true.
15. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Can't wait to upgrade my phone.
Bring it on!!
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
This! Is what we been waiting for Sony.......s800 processor, LCD 3 screen, water proof, and a Sony brand! Hell yea
4. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 594; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I find the SLCD3 part hard to believe, why would they use other companies displays when they produce their own? My guess is that it is the Trilluminous display...
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
its possible sony kind of works with htc so its not hard to see em do that
8. smallworld (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
But slcd is not HTC's technology. They have no technology, everything comes from other company's.
9. Taters (Posts: 2097; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Shhhh.... Let the clueless HTC fans have their warped reality.
I think Sharp is the sole provider of the SLCD3 this time but I know Sony was one of the 4 who manufactured the SLCD2 screen on the One X. Acer, Sony, and Sharp believe.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
well either way who ever owns it its not hard to get a hold of it.....it would be great to see it on the upgraded xperia z :)
16. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1123; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i think HTC doesn't have display technology, the SLCD3 in HTC One is manufactured by JDI (Japan Display Inc) and Samsung display is also a secondary supplier
JDI is a new company for small and medium sized display formed through the integration of Sony mobile display, Toshiba mobile display, and Hitachi display.
JDI also was behind the HTC DNA and HTC Butterfly.
so Sony is easly to use SLCD3/JDI IPS LCD, the only thing hard to believe is why Sony use some crappy display on Xperia Z when they have better display
5. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
wow Xperia z - google version with S800 + an updated screen tech + a higher mah battery + LTE unlocked would be so perfect....
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
I want honami :)
10. FlushGordon (unregistered)
All of that is USELESS without a screen refresh
Ditch that outdated TFT lcd for goodness sake!!!!!
Ohhh they just did, LOL
11. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Nvidia getting no Love??? Hahahahahahahahaha
13. Taters (Posts: 2097; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Tegra 4 seems insanely powerful on paper but after the garbage tegra 2 and tegra 3, you can't really trust them with anything.
17. VJo003 (Posts: 314; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
This could be a completely different device
18. kdealltheway (Posts: 76; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Why do you always call out Eldar Murtazin to be "of the mark occasionally"? PA is known to be a rumor based site, with 100 articles just about suposed iPhone parts... Little credit where it is due wouldn't hurt.
19. twens (Posts: 418; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Processors are not going solve any issues if software is not optimized. That's the problem with the s4.an old s3 n s2 are still very smooth because touch wiz was very optimized for them. Sony should learn to optimize their UI n stop putting trust into hardware. My experience with their Fon was horrible.
21. TMach (Posts: 304; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Have to diasgree with you. Sony has upped its game in terms of optimising its UI and it is very light touch. The only real criticism of the Xperia Z is Camera noise and the viewing angles of the display, which seemingly is not an issue for most. By comparison, I have just gotten rid of my S4 as I found it laggy not due to android but due to unnecessary Samsung bloatware which was next to useless in practical terms and I had to disable pretty much all of it.
20. anleoflippy (Posts: 209; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I think he might be just talking about the Xperia ZU, but who knows.
22. habeebs (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Sony use TFT Display cause its required for a waterproof phones !! , i think they are gonna do it better this time , with a better TFT display . but anw xperia z display is great , i dnt see any problem with it , just a little bit with viewing angles !! , but whats the problem if u use for personal use and always looks at it straightly ... stunning colors !!
23. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Whoa..this guy is still alive...he should be a long time forgotten as he's the biggest thieve in the industry involed even in espionage. That kind of leaks are harmful to every single OEM.