Sony to launch sub-$300 waterproof smartphones next year, HTC, Motorola and others might join the fun
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 08:09 posted on
New low-end and mid-end waterproof smartphones are expected to be introduced in 2015 by companies like Sony, Samsung, HTC, Motorola and Lenovo...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. techperson211 (Posts: 1027; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Nice Sony . Now every low and midrange phone will be ip certified.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hell yea, that's good news! Let's hope the Xperia Go and Motorola Defy will make a comeback, they have been silent for a long time now.
7. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 840; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Yeah, but you forgot about Samsung Galaxy Xcover. I hope Samsung can join them soon with Xcover 3.
3. faizan-sharif (Posts: 91; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
in my country zr costs now 305 dollars only :) so i am already having it
5. buccob (Posts: 2343; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
wow... that is a very good deal... My older Acro S is still more expensive than that, with (mostly) lower specs
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1949; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
some units of the htc butterfly were also water resistant
14. azers07 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Butterfly is IP57 certified... very underrated, but beautiful phone
6. andynaija (Posts: 707; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Why does she look like a creepy underwater statue?
8. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Are they actually going to be water proof or just "water resistant" like the Galaxy S4 Active?
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Get it through your head. They are all water resistant. There's no such thing as a waterproof phone. Even an IP68 (the highest level of "waterproofing") certified phone will eventually fail if taken deep enough into water or submerged long enough.
9. ryan5609 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I think the days of $600-$700 phones and phones being sold through subsidy are soon going to be a thing of the past.
10. RocKO03 (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Apr 2014)
Maybe Moto release it before everyone else.. Moto "made to last" statement in a invite suggest Moto E maybe water proof and dust proof.. We will see on May 13 for sure :D
11. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
It's going to be difficult to talk on the phone under water :(
12. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
yeah all phone company take note from Sony.
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
This is going to be sweet. Now everyone won't have to buy expensive otter box case.
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Sony finally found their niche. Underwater zombie girls who want to stay in touch with their zombie girlfriends.