Sony to launch sub-$300 waterproof smartphones next year, HTC, Motorola and others might join the fun
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 08:09 posted on
New low-end and mid-end waterproof smartphones are expected to be introduced in 2015 by companies like Sony, Samsung, HTC, Motorola and Lenovo...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. techperson211 (Posts: 710; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Nice Sony . Now every low and midrange phone will be ip certified.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hell yea, that's good news! Let's hope the Xperia Go and Motorola Defy will make a comeback, they have been silent for a long time now.
7. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 554; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Yeah, but you forgot about Samsung Galaxy Xcover. I hope Samsung can join them soon with Xcover 3.
3. faizan-sharif (Posts: 56; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
in my country zr costs now 305 dollars only :) so i am already having it
5. buccob (Posts: 1557; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
wow... that is a very good deal... My older Acro S is still more expensive than that, with (mostly) lower specs
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1527; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
some units of the htc butterfly were also water resistant
14. azers07 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Butterfly is IP57 certified... very underrated, but beautiful phone
6. andynaija (Posts: 485; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Why does she look like a creepy underwater statue?
8. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Are they actually going to be water proof or just "water resistant" like the Galaxy S4 Active?
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Get it through your head. They are all water resistant. There's no such thing as a waterproof phone. Even an IP68 (the highest level of "waterproofing") certified phone will eventually fail if taken deep enough into water or submerged long enough.
9. ryan5609 (Posts: 99; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I think the days of $600-$700 phones and phones being sold through subsidy are soon going to be a thing of the past.
10. RocKO03 (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Apr 2014)
Maybe Moto release it before everyone else.. Moto "made to last" statement in a invite suggest Moto E maybe water proof and dust proof.. We will see on May 13 for sure :D
11. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
It's going to be difficult to talk on the phone under water :(
12. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
yeah all phone company take note from Sony.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is going to be sweet. Now everyone won't have to buy expensive otter box case.
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3715; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Sony finally found their niche. Underwater zombie girls who want to stay in touch with their zombie girlfriends.