Sony tipped to be making waterproofness a standard for its 2015 mid-rangers
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 06:22 posted on
When it released the Sony Xperia M2 Aqua, Sony became the first major manufacturer to employ a smartphone with both the IP65 and the IP68 ingress protection standards, which make the device not only dustproof, but also insusceptible to either jets of water or underwater submersion for up to 30 minutes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3717; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is so cool. Setting standards for others. In recent future it would be a common feature for consumers.
8. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4808; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes, I wish all manufacturers would take a page from Sony's book. Excellent!
3. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
white fronts really look ugly. they make bezels look bigger and the display quality uglier.
4. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Hoping they will made a lot of waterproof sony midranger devices, including the successor of xperia sp!!!. they should improve the midranger designs.
5. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Mid-range price and IP certification. Sounds like something I might buy and use for when I'm on a motorcycle trip.