Sony talking with other manufacturers about putting Playstation suite on non-Sony devices
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2011, 10:00 posted on
At the AsiaD conference in Hong Kong on Thursday, Sony Computer Entertainment chairman Kaz Hirai said that the Japanese tech titan is in talks with other manufacturers to bring the Playstation suite to non-Sony devices; the executive said that there is no set timeframe for this to take place...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Good strategy. Be like xbox live on wp but ps on other phones. Some way it is like a copy of MS's idea. Anyway, be nice to have it all in one phone.
10. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
i hope with ICS, we see a bluetooth (or even cabled) game pad made by sony for android. ps suite is great, but much, much better with a true dual shock experience.
12. snickers (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
hopefully sony could include support for ps3 controller because it uses bluetooth.
14. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
oh yeah (facepalm)
even if sony doesnt directly support it, the hack community is sure to set it up. that would be awesome!
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
PS3 controllers? There is an app for that ;)https://market.android.com/det
3. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Music android Phone = beats
Gaming android Phone = PS suite...... + dual core!!!
now that i thought of it, i miss cyber shot.
5. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Cybshot was great. It was the most touted thing back then, which had the beast camera. They should have kept that branding. Would have distinguished them in the phone market and maybe improve their financial.
9. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
well at least they should have ps2 games. ps1 graphics suck
17. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I agree. They wonderfully touted "beats" audio really has nothing new to offer. Infact i believe my V-moda set sounds even better than the beats. as far as integrated beats goes on phones its also really not that good.
4. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
hopefully this will end up as big as it is..
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Do it fast! And while you are at it get some psp games on dual core phones! ID kill for ff games on android
11. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i can finally beat FFXII...but on my Droid 3! :D
i agree with ayephone about the controller though.
13. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
Sony should make it exclusive to their products. its gonna be a main differentiating factor. giving out license for it will only provide short term profits.