Sony takes $50 off the price of the Sony Xperia Z2 in the U.S.
0. phoneArena 19 Jul 2014, 14:11 posted on
For those in the states who want the Sony Xperia Z2, we have a little bit of good news. Unfortunately, the news does not involve the phone being offered by a U.S. carrier, at a subsidized price. However, it does relate to a small price break being offered by Sony's U.S. website. Originally priced at $749.99, the manufacturer's current flagship model is now reduced to $699.99 for a $50 haircut...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. sgodsell (Posts: 3354; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Its specs are quite as impressive. If you can buy it on contract then it would be considerably cheaper.
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 1557; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Same thing. The service price on contract contains about $25 for the phone alone each month anyway.
20. Busyboy (unregistered)
lol the specs under highlights shows the Z2 has a SD 800 clocked at 2.2ghz
23. TheLegendaryGhost (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
i know it's expensive but i'm telling you every single penny is worth it... here is little bet of my past phone use history, Z2>M8>S5>M7>Iphone 5s>note 3> thats in last year... i wanted to phone that i like and keep until it last... i don't like covers and i have bad habit dropping the phone (put in my pockets and it slides, i cant were jeans coz i had surgery) so but i have this about 2 months on ATT and not going anywhere... G3 almost convince me... but hell i will take 3200mAh over 3000...any days and i have friends ATT who told me not good and i can get away easily for day n half without charging it...(2 Exchange email, FB, FB messenger, wassup, viber, google now, and few other apps) i would say save some money... i had to do that.. but telling you man it's worth every penny of it... that feeling you get when you hold this beast no other phone can have it, not even apple (that's my opinion) and if know about custom roms u can get CM11 on there too...
5. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
FG trading had it for 640 when I purchased mine. Best overall phone out currently
7. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Enjoying and loving mine to
Rooted and overclocked Cpu, Gpu, voltage, Ram
9. kkmkk (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2013)
between the sony xperia z2 and the lg g3 which one is better ?? please help me :-)
21. Federated (Posts: 261; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Z2. Better screen (brighter and more contrast), battery (lasts longer in real life usage, not just numbers), water and dust resistant, smoother UI, noise cancellation, more solid build overall.
27. kkmkk (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2013)
im afraid of the extra big bezel in the top and bottom of the z2
do you think that they are OK or they would destroy the experience ??
29. rency0722 (Posts: 155; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
From using Z1, it's better when being used in landscape mode... Better on Z2 since it has stereo front-facing speakers...
32. Fynjy777 (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Z2 is better not only be screen, stereo speakers and water/dust protection, but first off all by it's long battery life.
10. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Preparing for the release of Z3 very soon, poor sony fans, cant get a flagship to be flagship for more than 6 months
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
So? I don't give a s*it if Sony releases a phone that beats my Z2. And why would I? It's just good if it's better than Z2. It means that they have kept making their Z series even better. A flagship will always remain a flagship. Eventually there just will be a newer flagship that beats it. That's life for ya.
I'll keep loving my Godzilla for the next 2 years.
19. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
With 3gb Ram and S801
It's even good for 2015
No other phone accept the Note3 have the same specs.
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Good point about the Note 3. I see the the Note 3 is now $500 or less on eBay for new in the box.
26. iushnt (Posts: 1577; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
u r right in a way but i disagree with your statement- "poor sony fans". because sony fans won't be bothered and they would still be defending your statement. The only those who would be bothered are sony haters. they (sony haters) try to capitalize the fact of 6 month flagship cycle into an argument. If the haters don't try to create argument then everything would go fine.
30. refillable (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Glad Their competitors strictly disagrees with you and tries to imply Sony's flagship cycle.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
You can buy the Z2 for 589$ unlocked @ gsmnation.com where I bought my Z1
14. timbs (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Jul 2014)
I went from Sony z1 to lg g3.lg g3 has got good screen (size) speaker and camera but as a all round phone and entertainment gadget I just had to go with the z2 after 3 days.lg lags and most people reviewing don't mention this it also lags will I play games like injustice speaker is good and loud but in a head phone no where near sony in terms of quality and battery is no comparison.I am not saying z2 is better cause dam I miss that screen and camera but sony z2 is a better all rounder for ME
15. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I'd buy a Z3 GPe for $650.
Sony make it happen.
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
SONY!!! please keep the OmniBalance design it's perfect and makes you different!
18. Planterz (Posts: 2038; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Or you could just go to eBay/Amazon and get one for $600.
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
My next phone would be Moto X+1 (or whatever it is called). After 3 Sony phones, wouldn't even touch Sony phones with a barge pole. Their updates and bugfixes are nightmare. Kitkat on ZL has been horrendous wrt battery drain.
24. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
No LTE version.... WTF Sony???? Do your customers have to wait another year before the XZ2D6506BK model is available?????
28. Federated (Posts: 261; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20)
^^^ T-Mobile 4G LTE and AT&T 4G LTE compatible.
31. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Wrong, I'm using my z2 and getting lte coverage on AT&T. Research my friend before commenting
34. yankel (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
It is available right now from B&H
That's the first mainstream store I've seen it at
Haven't found it anywhere else from the big sellers