Sony spills the beans once again, hints at devices surviving in up to 2 meters under water, probably more
0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2014, 02:30 posted on
As time slowly goes and we are getting a tad closer to IFA 2014 with each and every second, the anticipation about the slew of new gadgets that are about to be announced grows stronger...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Probably the biggest selling point for the Z3, if not design or anything else, it's only the water resistance.
2. mayur007 (Posts: 564; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Still it wont matter to everyone bcoz not everyone gona use it under water or will use while swimming, but it's a good innovation though.
Breaking its own record.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sure, it won't matter to everyone. But imagine that you're using a water resistant phone, you put your phone beside a cup of ice cold drink, and then you accidentally spill the cup of drink to your phone and your phone still works fine. It's good to have this extra imo.
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
But still design should be different than previous ones. Sony is following the same Apple-Samsung strategy. Sammy is changing the designs in every flagship even if it is minor or ugly. But Note series is different, they are getting good designs than S series.
14. mayur007 (Posts: 564; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
but that need a splashproof thing which sony already has
24. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i want to shoot/record stuff under the rain
11. jeeta444 (Posts: 154; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
I don't know whether the rumors will turn out true but it is said that Z3 will pack hi-res audio chip,display better contrast ratio and good sunlight legibility, a new battery tech and ip68.
but my focus is on Z3 compact.
15. mayur007 (Posts: 564; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
there are many rumor but the thing is price they will price high
they are overpricing there products
21. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Yes, water-resistant but can you text inside of the water?
3. iamoa (unregistered)
that's what she said. lol xD
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Good to see Sony pushing forward on this front. Hopefully their new design for the Z3 dissipates heat better than the Z2.
8. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
FLAGSHIP NEED BETTER SPECS OR DESIGN,WR IS BONUS FEATURE
12. jeeta444 (Posts: 154; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Nope, 2m means twice deeper than S5's limit.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10453; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The joke flew over your head completely. I thought it was hilarious.
20. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol probably even more bezels, flaps, and thicker now if they want to hit 2m. More like a rugged phone size or a phone in an aquatic sealed case type size.
10. jssara (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
make a real scratch resistant all-over, shatter-proof, strong build quality with the best software support
13. superfans (Posts: 155; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Phone currently good in calling or texting is not enough, must also be good in diving.
17. blitzkreig (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
Still hoping for the Sun to rise from the west coinciding with a 6.4 inch z2 ultra launch with 13mp camera with led flash & minimal bezels.
Can't believe that Sony threw in the towel after just one attempt at a high end phablet. The z ultra was & still is kick ass discounting the poor camera. It can more than keep pace with any current 801 based flagship both in benchmarks as well as real world performance. Factor in the whopping screen & I can see many pretenders running for cover.
18. chaoscauser (Posts: 39; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Hey Sony, you better to make submarines than smartphones.
19. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Wrong movie Sony. If you want to return to glory stop adding things people might use 1% of the phones life, at the expense of size and annoying port flaps.
Sony tards might like to jizz to that stuff but the rest of the population, the group you used to own, care more about other things.
23. oister85 (Posts: 492; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Nice......can wait also they coming to sprint .
25. LikeMyself (Posts: 438; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
2m will be good as dropping/throwing phones in swimming pools is very common practice and 2m is the perfect depth limit!