Sony sold a record 10 million Xperia smartphones last quarter
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 07:49 posted on
Sony has just posted its financial results for the third quarter of 2013 (fiscal Q2 for Sony) and sales of its Xperia smartphones have continued growing…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. ijklmnop (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Too bad nokia will takeover them next quarter.(q3=8.8mil)
Take note wp haters
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4162; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You contributed nothing to this article so far. Congrats.
15. alterecho (Posts: 459; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Too bad MS will takeover Nokia :(
Just the thought of MS taking over Nokia is unacceptable.
19. livyatan (Posts: 297; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Comparing Sony Xperia sales with Nokia Lumia sales is basically comparison between Xperia Z high end high margin phone (almost half of all Sony phone sales was the Xperia Z model ), and the Lumia 520 entry level dumping price zero margin phone (more than half of all Lumia sales).
This is further evident from the fact that Sony smartphone division is the only part of Sony that is financially even, while the Nokia smartphone division is the only part of Nokia that was in red last quarter.
21. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 649; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
there gaming devision if would be even if they get less fancy with the specs so they can sell their stuff comptetively they;re already loosing money from the price they're selling it at
2. fouadqr (Posts: 120; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Sony 10 million & Nokia sold 8.8 million .. now i want to see those legends on top 5 :(
4. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Keep it up. They need to improve on Displays, first thing.
7. Amir1 (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
the next 2 xperia flagships in the Z line most likely to bring much better display in terms of viewing angles.
5. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Now all they do to improve thier TFT display & small bezel and optimise software to enchance camera and battery
6. Miracles (Posts: 196; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I want to see more smartphones in the US. Don't just stay in Europe and Asia. Also need to hire better people for support, especially in the US cuz they suck. I called in with questions, they couldn't answer any and they were straight forward questions.
8. zuckerboy (Posts: 438; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
wow good news. good design and good built quality has been awarded. Keep it up sony
13. xperiance (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
So...which phone was a better success?? Htc one or xperia z?? Considering the fact that z saved sony and one did nothing to save htc...(don't get me wrong..i know that one is far more superior compared to z...but im asking about the success...)
16. pyradark (Posts: 622; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
10M unit sold with 4 Billion income!!!
Thats why they are 3rd in revenue.
Imagine if they sold 20M units they can have 8 Billion profit which match sammy and apply!!
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5167; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Amazing numbers sony, thanks for my Z1. And release more handsets in the u.s. carriers
23. rickysam (Posts: 36; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
wow wow wow 10million r u kidding sammmy is selling say i million every day
24. Amir1 (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
you are funny. big improvements come over time. the results are GREAT for sony mobile, next year sony will sell more, the next year after that even more, etc. if sony continues to go up like this then in few years they will definitely be in the top 3. there's no reasons for them not to be in top 3 as they are always bringing better and better devices to the market. i can't wait for Xperia Z2 to come. it's going to be a BEAST. samsung won't stay on top forever.
25. rickysam (Posts: 36; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
mm yea i knw it takes time but my point is that 10 million is not a big number may be record for sony but the pace of growth isnt that big it will take may be another 10 years for sony to even sell half of mobiles which sammy n apple sell