Sony releases pricing for mid-range Sony Xperia M2
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2014, 11:38 posted on
According to a published report on Friday out of the Netherlands, Sony has announced the MSRP of the mid-range Sony Xperia M2. The Japanese manufacturer has priced the handset at 289 EUR ($399 USD). Additionally, Sony said the model will make a worldwide launch in April. The phone is the sequel to last summer's Sony Xperia M...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AnukulVcool (Posts: 121; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
at that price xperia sp is still a better choice , it gives adreno 320
9. LGisgood (Posts: 432; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
$400 xperia M2 is over price!
140mm tall and 71mm wide for just 4.8" screen is BULKY !
TFT display @ 229ppi
small battery 2300mAh compare to other competitor
NO 4.4.2 KITKAT ?
14. nokia12 (Posts: 313; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
i am a die hard sony fan but don't know why they have started 2014 like HTC.. first they priced Xperia T2 ultra 520$ and now this 400$ .. sony is going mad... sony please correct your pricing you had the best pricing and mid ranger specs in 2013. don't become arrogant..
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6260; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yeah but u don't know if SP model will get it's KITKAT update.
2. umerkhan (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
The image in the article is the Previous Xperia M not M2 though..
3. Alan01 (Posts: 180; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Yes, of course. Change has been made.Thanks for the heads up!
4. Doakie (Posts: 1188; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Instafail! 4.8" qHD screen and 8GB internal storage for $399?!? The 8 GB Moto G with a 720p screen is $179.... Anyone who lives in a market where the Moto G is available, and they buy this M2 instead...they're stupid...
5. harigrg33 (Posts: 149; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Can we play 720p video Whn it says 540 x 960 pixels resolution.???
6. antonioli (Posts: 172; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
The Xperia G with 720p display that would compete with Moto G will be more expensive that it? Great............for Motorola
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7733; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Moto X is in the same price point... Sony dropped the ball with their pricing on this phone.
8. mayur007 (Posts: 392; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i think they are gaining ego...
Apple then Samsung now sony...
11. boosook (Posts: 946; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Too pricey for the poor resolution of the screen.
15. toink (unregistered)
Its an Sony. The brand comes with a price, not just the specs.
17. Odiin (Posts: 212; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Still no 720p n asking too much, Sony its not going to workout. Too bad.
18. Looser99 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
Guys don't freak out please... It's just introductory price. I think it will be available for €200/$250 within 6 months. Just think about Xperia SP. It's introductory price was €400/$500 but now it's only €220/€275...
19. najib1312 (Posts: 99; Member since: 08 May 2013)
This is an introductory price and it is in Netherlands!! No one in their right mind would buy Sony phones at launch price. Give it a month, it will become a value-for-money product in no time. That's what always happen to many Sony products.