Sony prepping an inexpensive 5-incher for Q3
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 05:24 posted on
Tucked in an "industry observers" report from supply chain sources is the nugget that Sony will be launching an affordable 5-incher this year, alongside a sleuth of entry to mid-range handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. dil2abu (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
5 Inch entry - level??
Sony Please give at least 720p.. Not 480 x 800 pixels..
17. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If I'm not wrong, the Galaxy Grand's resolution is almost the same as this one right?
25. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree. I think it will be same as the cheap Samsung 5-incher
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Sony when will you're "SUPER PHONE" or "REFERENCE" phone be available to public?
Who cares about midrange scrap phones!!!!!
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even though I'm using Xperia Z, I still care about mid-range phones. Come on TROLL, where's your Sony spirit? You're using the Z too.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I'm a BIG SONY FAN from 1987!
I wish I could afford Sonys high end Zseries laptop!
Apple air or MacBook Pro is scrap! Apple copied everything from Sony! I only see rich people and entrapaners or business managers using them !
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I totally agree with you! If I have more money, I would've bought Sony laptop, Bravia Smart TV, Tablet Z etc.
29. dil2abu (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Even I am a big fan of Sony..
I have Sony Viao, Bravia 32 inch led, Sony Home Theatre, PS2 and a old Walkman :)
Mobile Phones I used W550i, W810i, W705 and now Xperia P..
Soon will own Xperia Z :)
Sony is always Best
30. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I still have the Walkman EX808HG
33. rgxVOiD (Posts: 420; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I can see you in a room, laughing you ass off as these people feed you thinking that you are a Sony fan
34. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
The title of this article sounds like a girl getting ready to go out to a cheap bar looking for her future husband. or maybe its just my sick head.
For those who dont get it you're probably too young. :)
2. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Doesn't the title of the article sound wrong? Or am I just being immature. But good for Sony to market a lower end phone, it's all their plan to be "the 3rd biggest phone maker".
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3742; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
There's nothing wrong with the title, or the word "inexpensive" sounds wrong right? :)
10. CaptainXperia (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sony already is "the 3rd biggest phone maker". ....dude...check it out on google...before trying to correct someone...
13. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Um, sorry? That was one report, if you knew, Sony said they wanted to achieve 3rd biggest in smartphone market share for 2013, Nokia is 3rd thankyou very much. (Source:http://bgr.com/2013/03/04/sony-market-share-2013-359184/ ) and another .. http://www.digitaltrends.com/m
obile/samsung-nokia-apple-phone-sales-q2-2012/and another onehttp://www.gartner.com/newsroo m/id/2335616so yeah
15. dil2abu (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Is Phone Makers related to Market Shares??
Yea Sony said they wanted to achieve 3rd biggest in smartphone market share for 2013 by ditching Huawei and not Nokia..
16. CaptainXperia (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
sorri but i cant add url's cause i have less than 30 posts....but if u really want to check that...just google sony 3rd largest....and tell me what u see... even due to any reason sony is not the 3rd largest....it will be huawei then...... but nokia..?? sry bro.... NOT AT ALL ....
20. lee480 (Posts: 141; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Nope. That's is the feature phone (budget models) market. In the smartphone market, Nokia is no where to be seen.
3. ryq24 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
If they can release it on time which is one of Sony's weak point.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Release time+better marketing in U.S+more tweaking of cameras = success
4. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I know this is just me but the Xperia UI looks kinda sluggish. The circle icons on the new models are toyish. But i know how hard Sony is putting efforts on building a decent phone. WTG [+]
5. Suo.Eno (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
A'la Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082's 5" WVGA? tbh not a good idea unless if Sony plans to 1 up that to 720p. I'd leave that space for the Chinese OEMs as they're the ones who's gonna bring the maximum MediaTek inside devices' avalanche now till end of the year. And I'm not even talking about players w/ money like Huawei, ZTE, Acer or Asus yet.
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2701; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They forgot rolling out JB for XP/XS i guess ... will miss their march commitment i am sure ... This is one department because of which SONY SUX big time.
14. dil2abu (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
2 More days left dude.. I am sure Sony will release JB for my Xperia P as they promised..
36. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
xperia p jb update photo leaked...google it...