Sony plans an event on June 20 for an "exclusive media preview of the brand new Xperia smartphones"
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2012, 06:59 posted on
Now, given that the Xperia GX and SX are out, plus Xperia tipo/tipodual and the Xperia miro that just got announced, they might all be gathered together by Sony for a media preview, and/or could be joined by new handsets altogether...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
i think its sony coming out with windows phone 8 apollo as windows phone 8 is going to get announced at windows phone summit on 20th june.
21. the_matchless (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
hmm not too happy about that but it just might be true. I do wish though that these would be the GX, Mint etc. international devices and I also hope that mint turns out to be the Xperia Glass :) or maybe I am hoping for too much :p
3. buggerrer (Posts: 293; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
a new "flagship" with 2011 specs?
Stay late.stay outdated!
9. Birds (Posts: 1085; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. So what the Xperia S had an S3. Sony overclocked the GPU so the performance would be much better. Even without Ice Cream sandwich the device has an almost lagless experience. In my experience with the device, it only lagged initially after booting but then it stopped. Sony knows what they are doing. They started to late with trying to put out a device that is high end but at least they beefed up the internals.
13. buggerrer (Posts: 293; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
overclocked or not, its still an old chip used on early 2011!!
Sony just can't beat Samsung,HTC,Moto or even LG
they always use old specs !
16. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
My Arc run's smoother than the GS2 on ICS with a 1GHZ Scorpion Processor and 512 MB of RAM.
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
ROFL! nice one!
14. SleepingOz (unregistered)
GX will come with the S4, which is not bad actually.
4. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I just don't understand Sony, how such an innovative firm that always led in the field of electronics always plays catch up in the mobile phone industry. Samsung and HTC need more competition at the top.
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6946; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I dont see the xperia ion!? Or please bring the hayabusa to at&t sony! Been saving my upgrade!
6. Alp1111 (Posts: 46; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
june 20th is the day that windows phone 8 will be announced.so it can be a windows phone device
7. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Sony would probably never have a windows device, if you think about it Xbox live on a phone by the company who created the Playstation. I doubt they will unless Sony persuade Microsoft to take it off whick I doubt they will:/
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Idc about Xbox live.
PLAYSTATION > XBOX!
8. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Sony Xperia Playstation. Something along those lines.
12. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Same here - $720 is loads compared to the rest. High expectations!
11. rayman173 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Where in the hell is the Xperia Ion On this list?!?
17. Vrils (Posts: 29; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
LOTUS is Sony Xperia Go - even the price confirms it !
the ones missing are ATLAS and MINT