Sony officially announces Xperia Z and gives release window
0. phoneArena 07 Jan 2013, 19:31 posted on
We all knew it was coming and now it is official. Sony has officially announced the Xperia Z as part of its press conference today. The Sony Xperia Z even has a release window, and the new Android-powered smartphone is planned for release starting in March. Or rather, Sony said that March would be the earliest the phone would be released, which is somewhat disappointing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Gives me plenty of time to consider this phone or the s4
4. danny_a2005 (Posts: 124; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Waiting for HTC!!! if it disapoints I'm going for this... I have the note 2 but I don't really like it..
10. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Too late march..lol... In Apr galaxy s4 or LG optimus g 2,or HTC with tegra 4 no need to wait for it .....DNA has same specs..released on 21 Nov....I own DNA best phone in world
18. wp8forever (unregistered)
I tell you what, I have a nokia Lumia 920 and this my friend this phone is the most beautiful phone I ever but by far ever seen, I when on YouTube to the xperia z Chanel and oh boy the attention to details is unbelievable, I really think I will get this phone, there's no way Samsung s4 or HTC can match this beauty is impossible.
30. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
You can go crazy after rectangle... With square and round edges.... DNA has killer Ferrari like design ...super build quality...solid soft touch curved back..... Its the release time which matters...4 months ahead....and Lumia 920 is a bulky low powered cheaper phone..... Its not in competition
31. wp8forever (unregistered)
Lol you obviously have no idea of what you talk about, what u said about the Lumia is like saying, but that a Nissan gtr-35 has a dated v6 engine lol right when that car performance kills Ferrari, benzs, BMW, corvettes, lol is no how much power u have is how u use it nerd, plus I just got a nexus 4 witch I would take any day over that Dna, and but back to what u said that Dna might be a Ferrari I agree, but the Sony is a Aston Martin one-77 pure attention to details and luxury learn kid learn.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
YESS. Just give me a release date and I'll buy it in a second
3. blingblingthing (Posts: 503; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
March? Come on Sony. We can't gain ground on Samsung waiting this long.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
eh, not bad. the Bravia Displays are among my favorite kind of display on mobile devices and on televisions. anyway i don't like all the flaps on this thing.
6. cheetah2k (Posts: 1156; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
I dunno, I actually like the way Sony is thinking about their user base and the fact that people do have accidents.
My wife has the Xperia Go, and with 2 kids in her hands she's dropped it a number of times as well as having all kinds of liquids being spilled on it. Its about as bullet proof a phone can get! :)
Before that she had the Xperia Active, also a very bullet proof phone :p
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well i had actually posted this before i saw the ZL real good so the water proof aspects of the Z are actually a good thing since there's an option for those who don't want all those flaps. o:
7. cheetah2k (Posts: 1156; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
I wonder, with the glass back and all, if this was supposed to be a Nexus phone but didnt make the cut? Knowing Sony, I bet it was too expensive vs the eventual winner - the LG Nexus 4.
Its just surprising that they released this, and the ZL which are almost identical. I mean why release 2 phones that are pretty much the same?
8. YodhaMali (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Whatever happened to "The extraordinary is coming"?!
On the release front, it would be a shame if people are made to wait till March for this beauty. Sony should get its s**t right and release the phone within two-three weeks. Else, people might just go for Samsung Galaxy S IV.
22. rickysam (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
of course man sony is defenitly gonna lose to sammy n apple once they release their flaggships..atleast in sales
27. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Ok you say that sony beats Samsung and apple in a beauty contest and losses when it comes to sales.
If this isn't gonna sell then whats the point?
From their perspective sales is the most important thing not its looks.
11. oister85 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Wow the z is awesome so elegant I want one. Sony why wait until the s4 comes. I bet Samsung is coming with the best too
12. snowgator (Posts: 3394; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
What an amazing looking phone. Freaking gorgeous. If that screen that is even half that nice, at 5" it will be dazzling.
Love Sony products.
13. tumchaaditya (Posts: 71; Member since: 21 May 2012)
This just raised the bar quite high for GS4...
Especially in terms of aesthetics and looks...
26. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Samsung will really have to make an extra effort to beat this.
The edge in processing power won't be noticeable in use anyway
14. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Im still still waiting on apple ,Samsung ,or HTC I will never buy a sony or LG phone only tv
29. DawsonLee (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
So did you take the effort to comment here? O.o
21. rickysam (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
as always sony lets everyone down by giving a late release (still may get late or even wont release like xperia v)
24. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Xperia V has released? If it hasn't released where you are by now, it's because it was never going to be coming to your country in the first place..
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sony did it!!
28. tiara6918 (Posts: 1924; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
What a hot ass phone! Well done sony, it looks really elegant in black!
32. Jyakotu (Posts: 829; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Looks good! Sony is stepping it up in thier mobile offerings. ^_^
33. Diego! (Posts: 535; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
It looks stunning! I like it very much. But I will make up my mind when Samsung announces Galaxy S IV :D