Sony might not release quad-core smartphones this year
0. phoneArena 01 Mar 2012, 06:19 posted on
The first Sony quad-core smartphones may not be unveiled before the early 2013, according to Stephen Sneeden, who is a Product Marketing Manager for Sony. The company will stick to dual-core offerings...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1237; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Agreed. Just because the technology is there doesn't mean it needs to be used, especially if it has no benefit. Hopefully for Sony's sake though, everyone else agrees too.
5. android_hitman (unregistered)
the high end from them has the same specs (except the screen and camera) as a HTC Sensation XE... really?? 10 months old technology?
13. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
And whats the difference between the Htc One X and Sensation? Quad Core vs Dual core? Just fyi, S4 > Tegra 3
3. android_hitman (unregistered)
sony doesn't get it ... these days the performance sells not the brand (except iphone :P)
4. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
1.8ghz dual core snapdragon s4 with adreno 320 will do everything you can ask from it for at least one year ahead.
7. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
He has a good point in this article, switching to A15 right now would probably be a better thing to do all because of the power efficiency of the A15 and the die reduction, also the power increase is pretty decent.
8. deacz (Posts: 162; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
tbh quad core is for gaming and i sure as hell dont want to play shooters on my phone.
Tbh right now my gs2 does everything i use it for at acceptable speeds. Atm I rather have faster single threading that multi.
10. ENIGMA (Posts: 81; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
SAD BAD NEWS WHY SONY UR ALLWAYS BEHIND
TECH IN PHONES
BUT BEST DESIGNS
STYLISH MODERN UNIQUE SEXY
11. redmd (Posts: 1273; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
A dual core S4 + latest GPU will do just fine. But knowing that you have a quad core device in your hands brings out the geek pride in you.
12. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I agree with them. Instead of Jumping on whatever comes out, they are trying to find the right balance specs.
14. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I'd rather have a phone with S4 than a useless Tegra 3
18. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
You're retarded.. I don't mind if you think the s4 is better, but how is the Tegra 3 useless?
19. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Its useless because its a Quad core processor and doesn't have better performance than a dual core. Its also useless because it doesn't support LTE :)
17. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
lol at all those who are crying bout no quad core....
why would u need a quad core when dual cores are enough...
if u want to play games... go play it on consoles or the pc...
all u need are: social media apps, productivity apps and casual games (btw... they are all working fine on a single core....)
give some love for Sony phones (unique designs unlike those boring HTCs)
20. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Sony should concentrate on a new PlayStation and stop their crap xperias
21. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Weeeell, it does not matter what Sony, Mony, Shamshung or any other wannabe says. It's what Apple will show in the autumn and everybody will follow - just as usual. Only Nokia can bring surprises. The others are just followers. True, true. Even Motorola, which is sad.
22. Galaxys2...R (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
Tbh everyone keeps banging on about quar core etc but to me the sound quality, call quality, audio quality, camera, battery life matter more. And if these things on a dual core is better than on a quad core I am going for the dual core. I mean for example call me mad if you like. I have a sgs2 n the play and in day to day usage apart from loding the internet pages there isnt much speed difference or battery life difference between the two and infact I prefer sonys software because it enables me to take pics/videos whilst in a phone call or when the battery is under 15% a feature I use alot and I cqn also listen to music while in a phone call or watch my videos when I am in a phone call. On the sgs2 you cant do any of that.
23. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Sony /Sony ericsson , always late to the game and always don't get what people wanted
31. Dongk (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
u are not the people u are just thelegend6657.
24. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
isn't a cortex a15 dual core processor more powerful then a quad core cortex a9 processor?