Sony might make a smartphone with new octa-core MediaTek MT6592 chip
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 07:11 posted on
The new MediaTek MT6592 octa-core chip leaked out just yesterday and now we already know that high-profile phone manufacturers including Sony and LG…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Sony seems to have started riding with waves. They are becoming more and more responsive toward the market demands and keeping up the game.
The only company that offers the best experience in ALL market price segments.
Powerful Phablet Flagship: Xperia Z Ultra
Powerful Mainstream Flagship: Xperia Z/ZL
Upper-Mid range: Xperia SP
Mid-Range: Upcoming Xperia C
Low-End: Xperia L/E
Cameraphone: Upcoming Xperia i1 Honami
Tablet: Xperia Z Tablet
10. athi206 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
you missed Xperia ZR i dont know which range it will come as it has every thing for low price(not cheap)
11. pwnarena (Posts: 814; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
please don't remind us of the xperia z, zl, sp, and l. they're an ugly blot on sony's record. we know how imperfect they are as highlighted by the introduction of the xperia z ultra and the (possibly) honami tomorrow.
a new sony is about to rise. let's hope this prestigious brand finds success this time around. same with nokia and htc. we want more players on the market.
18. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
You have to stumble a couple of times before you learn your lesson.. Yeah more from NOKIA and HTC!
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They look much better than ugly curve looking phones like ip4 ip5.
Everyone loves the candybar sharp edges phone. Look at Sony Samsung Lg Panasonic Tvs there all have sharp edges gives it a contemporary look and design. Look at that ugly hideous Apple Tv with 3inch bezel. Disgusting.
Man you have a really bad taste.®
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 626; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
umm sorry but samsung pretty much covered all markets already.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But why did Sony use A7 instead of 8xA9 Cortex?
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7272; Member since: 14 May 2012)
How's the ride in the Sony bandwagon going?
3. amansingal14 (Posts: 283; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Sony should use it and make a mid range device for people who care only about no. of cores and not about real processing power. It'd be good foot marketing and business
5. mittalmailbox (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
MediaTek made a wrong decision, they should have gone for Cortex A15/A7 big.Little configuration. A7 is not meant to be clocked at 2.0GHz, it will break advantage of power efficiency of A7 architecture.
12. pwnarena (Posts: 814; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
but it's cheap. it's meant for the market that desires devices with excellent specs on paper regardless of the actual performance.
31. Zeraine00 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
ARM’s Cortex A7 is the lower-power half of its double-CPU ‘big.LITTLE’ solution in combination with the more powerful Cortex A15. According to ARM, the Cortex A7 core is five times more power efficient, has 50% more performance and is 20% the size of a Cortex A8.
What’s interesting about this is ARM’s information suggests that you can get up to four cores working in symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) in a single processor cluster, but you then need to combine processor clusters to gain more cores using ARM’s AMBA 4 interconnect technology. So MediaTek’s MT6592 could well be one of the more complex chips so far seen designed for consumer mobile applications. If nothing else, it’s the first eight-core Cortex A7 CPU to arrive onto the market.
Sony using mediatek CPU.. might be interesting..!!
6. FlushGordon (unregistered)
And the Nvidia snub continues. ..lol
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6107; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sony moving on up! Think I should wait for the octa-core.
9. Sondae (Posts: 182; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I sure hope new octa-core on mediatek mt6592 dont over heat much when being used over time.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Who cares just buy a cover and try ignoring touching that part. Simple. It's not a no deal.
14. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Micromax already uses mediatech's chip and they are selling millions of smartphones in india every week
20. aditya.k (Posts: 455; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
I hope Micromax fails! They have their eyes, ears and everything closed. They just bring phones that they wish and release it to the market! Never listens to what consumers want! Look at the rumors and the actual products that get released! Look at the Canvas 4 going down now!
15. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
First smartphone with snapdragon 800, now maybe the first with this beast! Well done Sony the dark horse prevails!
23. MrPhilo (Posts: 47; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Quad Core A7 is smaller than a Single A15, so 8 cores is like just over a single A15 and at 28nm... dam this probs smallest yet powerful efficent cpu to date.
24. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
ultra faboys strike back.
First samsung, then htc. Now sony again. Only because there´s something newer on the horizon you pick up another all time favourite regardless your previous opinions. When htc introduce stn new you wil? Praise them. And so on and so forth. Another day another reason to be a fan of something else.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Says the jealous loosed Nokia Fanboy
We understand your brand will be brought by who knows...
Are proud fanboys with a very level head
28. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
said a guy who has nothing to offer except his irrational love toward a mobile phone system
guys guys guys...it's time to grow up and start respecting others' opinions
29. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
...Am I a troll because I don't support android? mehh..that's the TROLLEST thing I've ever heard and definies you perfectly.
You should call yourself in the mirror : troll. You're the perfect example