Sony looking into Windows Phone 8?
0. phoneArena 08 Sep 2012, 00:41 posted on
On the heels of presenting some nice Android based hardware at IFA 2012, Sony will be beginning discussions with Microsoft to discuss the possibility...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DKMDROID (Posts: 103; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
I doubt Sony would want to shoot itself in the leg by doing something like that especially provide something thats a competitor product it'll make no sense, but with that being said Sony would make good WP8 phones
34. oldhamletman (Posts: 72; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
Sony would be seriously IQ challenged not to do it.. MS is linking their entire PC-Tablet_Phone eco system in one OS experience....
not doing it would be equivalent to, in 1995, saying they aren't gong to put win95 on PCs
37. Ratioexmachina (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
The coolest thing would be a WP8 phone that supports both XBoX and PlayStation games. That would sell like crazy. Please Sony, read this post :D
2. jove39 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...since sony will surely venture into win8 based tabs to making wp8 based phones makes lot of sense...interested buyer can take advantage of complete windows ecosystem...good luck sony :)
3. ravi5695 (Posts: 75; Member since: 11 Feb 2011)
sony can use both of them (Xbox and Playstation) in their WP8 phones if MS allows them to....
12. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i'm sure if microsoft agrees to that deal there will be something about that in their contract
15. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
So you're desi that sony mobile talked about :-D congratulation dude :-D
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
WTF!!! then i hate you :(
I'm the one who suppose to win that :(
anyway congratulation :D
27. ludegmo (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
when will they give it to you ?i hope they release it at least in two weeks.
35. XperiaUser (unregistered)
ah i m waiting for my number... :(
best of luck dude . enjoy ur Xperia T
5. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Well i want to see sony design with windows phone :) i think it will be sexy as helll
10. robot9001 (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
u r right homie. wp8 is basically wp8 bug with an uglier menu
7. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
xbox and playstation in one?! the best!!!
however, will it be on sony mobile or sony vaio line? if sony mobile it will be new family line... but should have a tablet too.... so i think it will be on viao...
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It is easy, very easy... Sony just need to develop Playstation Apps for Windows Phone 8
9. Jericho (unregistered)
Hey, for those people sayin that Sony will not make any windows phone device are plain stupid. Sony will be makin windows 8 vaio laptops which also carries the xbox branding for its gaming. So if Sony can make windows 8 laptops then i see no problem for them to make a windows phone.
33. snowgator (Posts: 3596; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Totally agree. Sony would slam a fantastic WP8.
11. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
android it's too crowded now sony is trying to find other baskets
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it should be a VIAO phone! since xperia is all android... so viao should be the brand of WP if sony will going to join WP party...
since xperia is android and xperia has a tablet now..its time for viao to have a phone division! :) since viao is a windows brand of sony!
28. vslayer (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
i think u forgot the first generation of xperia phones are in windows OS (X1,X2 i if im not mistaken )
39. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
but now, xperia is an android name... sony even kinda said that!! so i think new family name or just make a WP on their VAIO line... but i think sony's mobile and loptop are different
16. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Not gonna happen. Sony will sit this one out. They're loosing money on so many fronts they'll be too scared to open another one.
17. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
It would just look like a WP port on the xperia T.
18. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
To differentiate, Sony should make low cost WP devices.
19. cheeseaddict (Posts: 49; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
it's like frying your self on your own oil.. pain in the ass hehe, that's what mobile business world runs lie, if you want to earn you should learn to be friends with you enemies.. (ala apple v. samsung)
20. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Sony'd better hurry up. Their share of the Android market is really small and I believe that only Samsung will be the last to make profit of it.
22. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
It would be a piece of cake for Sony to make WP8. Why? Because the current flagship models already have the exact hardware specs to run the WP8: 1.5 dual core Krait and Adreno 225 GPU exactly like the Lumia 920/820 and Samsung Ativ S so the costs for making a new phone are minimum.