Sony logs annual profit for the first time since 2008, forecasts 42 million phone sales this year
0. phoneArena 09 May 2013, 02:54 posted on
Sony's restructuring efforts that have been going on for a few years now are starting to bear fruit, as the company reported its first annual profit since 2008, to the tune of $434 million. Granted, it was mostly due to asset sales and restructuring savings, rather than the TV or smartphone departments, but CEO Kaz Hirai forecasted a stellar 2013, with 42 million smartphones sold, and $506 million in net profit, but from operations, bot fat-trimming this time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. chocolaking (Posts: 453; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Great News for SONY! good job!!! The xperia line always has a slik design.
2. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
sony plz Introduce some good mid-end and low-end android flagships like the xperia mini,mini pro, walkman with bigger screen and ram..
11. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Good midrange= Xperia SP. Same specs as 2012 flagship standards
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now lets hope Sony drops to zero! :D
10. lovefist (unregistered)
people, check the link first before downvoting.. dumb@ssess
17. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
haha i don't know why people thumbed down you.
maybe sony fanboy think you said something bad about sony
6. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
pls release d honami and togari now :D
im excited haha :D
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I also think Sony should switch to developing games for smartphones/tablets.
If i'm reading this right, Gameloft for example has greater yearly sales than Sony does for PS3. Oh and look at the Vita..there's just no money there. Wasting their software division potential
8. lumianic (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 May 2013)
Great job sony,you make such a lovely phones.......
9. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
The mobile division didn't make any profit, just Sony's financial arm:
"Granted, it was mostly due to asset sales and restructuring savings, rather than the TV or smartphone departments"
Let's just see how long they can keep this act going...
21. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
U r here too.... to annoy the Sony Fans....
Yes...They did a good job...Now they focus on bringing great products ....
12. mercorp (Posts: 972; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
YES!YES!they did it!Now bring me the sony honami!
15. oister85 (Posts: 401; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Yesterday I read a article on phonearena claiming that samsung and apple were the only ones profitable. Who do we trust?. Anyway is this true I'm so happy for sony. Is my favorite brand. Seens I was a kid.