Sony launching the Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and SmartWatch 2 in the US
0. phoneArena 15 Oct 2013, 09:22 posted on
If you are a Sony fan, but live in the States, then you probably know by now that the Japanese manufacturer doesn't have the strongest positions stateside, which means that the newest Sony products usually take a while to reach the coast...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. oister85 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
$200 for the smart watch I bet the smartwatch is not even water resistant.
7. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Smartwatch 2 water test
9. buccob (Posts: 1367; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I find it a bit expensive... actually all Smart watches are still expensive for what they are... But this one is IMO the best or at least among the best out there... It is Water resistant, it pairs with almost any Android smartphone, and it is simply enough while still having great functionality...
I actually did not like the Gear, since it tries to be too much, but in the end they are all meant to be a support item for your SmartPhone. Also the Sony one has already a decent ammount of compatible apps...
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3312; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sony i was waiting to get Z1 from at&t and you broke my heart. why r you guys bringing Z1 in t-mobile, why not in both at&t and t-mobile.
13. phatcow (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
I would think this has more to do with AT&T then Sony, if I understand correctly the device will work with AT&T bands...
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3312; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I know it work in at&t, but who wanna pay full price. If they bring in at&t everyone will buy with 2 years contract with cheaper price.
17. phatcow (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Ah i see what you mean. Yeah but what T-Mobile is trying to show is you'll pay for it in the long run...
23. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
26. danny_a2005 (Posts: 119; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
When I read this kind of comments is when I miss the red thumbsdown :D
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6254; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Bout time. But kinda bought the European version too late though.
4. phatcow (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
So I assume the same thing, however here is my dilema. Buy this now unbranded and unbloated... or wait to see if T-Mobile will throw in some case... But Sony shows its $50 bucks off right now anyways.... hmmm
6. NAWF_SIDE (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Z ultrA... BUT the no flash, is a deal breaker.....
15. DAddYE (Posts: 48; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Never used once in my life the flash of a phone which unless you own a lumia 1020 take picture worse than without.
20. buccob (Posts: 1367; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I don't think it would be so useful in a phablet or a tablet... but in a Phone the LED flash is my go-to Flashlight at night, or when the power is out...
And my phone takes pretty good pictures with the flash at low light, given that the subject is still
8. darkvadervip (Posts: 298; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Rather wait on the iwatch. People might complain about apple but when they launch a fresh new product they have never went wrong.
10. buccob (Posts: 1367; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Hockey Puck Mouse
Actually I kind of agree with you because they hit more than miss... and they will probably sell millions of iWatches... but right here, right now the best for me is the SmartWatch 2 from Sony...
It does not try to be anything else, and it is simple yet useful
11. Tommy1960i (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I don't like the design of the phablet because it is just a bigger Z1 with bigger bezels.
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
ZU released before Z1, so Z1 is the small version of ZU and you must hate Z1 instead of ZU!!!
14. phatcow (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Anyone go to Sony's us website and looked at the phone? Pictures of the back shows no flash? Looks different without G lens and NFC label is moved... I think they just used the same pics for both the Z1 and Ultra....
22. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 943; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
sony make Z2 with bezelless,. improved viewing angles.
24. binary-os (unregistered)
Sony are getting dead serious with their offerings, it is possible they could become the Android of choice ...top stuff.
25. jb4674 (Posts: 139; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
WTF???? No LTE version for the Z1? Come on Sony! I was just ready to pull the trigger!!!!