Sony launches Android 4.3 updates for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Xperia Tablet Z
0. phoneArena 23 Dec 2013, 10:13 posted on
The updates are being rolled out in phases, depending on region and carrier. All four Xperias also receive updates to many Sony-specific apps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. kirholstov (Posts: 136; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Ok, I really hope that z1 will get a 4.4 update soon
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think it happens at the end of January.
6. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
What about the xperia s which was last year's flagship. It's on 4.1 jellybean and have not heard about anything else coming. My brother has the s3 which came out around the same time and is now on 4.3 and is expected to get 4.4 next year so I don't see how Sony can abandon a device that came out around the same time.
7. buccob (Posts: 1481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I have the Acro S and I really do not mind having 4.1.2 or 4.3 or whatever... it is still JellyBean...
But what I really would like is for Sony to iron out bugs that has been introduced with the latest (and possibly final) update for Xperia S, SL, Acro S
8. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
It is jellybean and not any visual changes so agree that is just jb but there has been many big behind the scene updates like support for BT 4.0 Le, open gl 3.0 and better battery efficiency etc etc.. 4.3 fine they didn't give that but I think 4.4 should be updated for last year's top end devices but looks like it's not happening. For me its a matter of principle you know, I expect if company x is updated there older flagships then I would a competition Like Sony would do the same. It also breaks confidence, what's to say next year Sony isn't going to abandon the early flagships of this year
17. buccob (Posts: 1481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Hey don't get me wrong, I would love to get updates too, and I also get mad about having a buggy firmware with no update in sight... But as anleoflippy said Qualcomm stop supporting the S3 chip and there is very little Sony can do... It was a bad decision to use that chip instead of the S4, especially by the time the acro s was release, but I knew that when I bought it and I have seen an improvement in Sony regarding updates... Anyway I am still debating If my next phone will still be Sony or not, but surely will be a top consideration...
10. Feanor (Posts: 310; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
But Xperia S was essencially still Sony Ericsson and this was a different era. It's sad but most likely Sony has given up support for devices that used old processors. Samsung has some continuation in the process, so I believe that for them updating older devices is far easier, because they have a better control over the entire past product line up. I think Sony will get better with the devices that are real Sony, basically the Z series and onward...
14. anleoflippy (Posts: 294; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Qualcomm has stopped releasing drivers for the Snapdragon S3. Sony can't do anything about it.
9. BLikens1619 (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 Apr 2008)
Forget all these devices, give my 4.1 for the Ion LT28AT
12. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
13. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
11. LekKonti (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
i'm not getting update to my Xperia z c6603... f *$^&k
15. Rexperia (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
My Xperia Z C6602 already upgraded to the JB 4.3 with the build number 10.4.B.0.569 I am from Indonesia and thera are so many significantly changes, smoother, faster, new UI,new camera feature, new keyboard skin etc... It just too good to be true and awesome. Thanks SONY two thumb up for you!
16. malavpatel77 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Dec 2013)
When does the bell xperia z get 4.3?
WE didnt even get 4.2.2
18. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I'm not getting the 4.3 yet.. I have the Xperia Z! Been refreshing the update center for 2 days already!!!! :(
20. Miracles (Posts: 528; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I haven't gotten it either....today is December 28TH!!! I have Z c6603
22. thewilliamlindh (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
When you get the update depends on when Sony releases it in your country, so don't worry, you'll get it sooner or later.
19. ayub407 (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I still didn't get the update yet. Kept on refreshing the update center for 2 days like a complete retarded.
21. tejassrinivasan24 (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
could Phonearena make a video about what the update brings, ? the camera needs software changes :'(., it takes horrible indoor snaps
23. Kalpesh007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)
In Xperia ZR keypad. Vibratio is not getting off
Pls answer it
After doing off in setting also vibration is not getting off