Sony joining the display supplier club for next iPhone
0. phoneArena 21 May 2012, 17:01 posted on
New reports suggest that Sony will be joining Sharp Corp, Toshiba Mobile Display, and LG Display Co as the 4th supplier of “in-cell” displays for Apple’s next generation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung dont let the door hit you on the way out
2. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
lol no kidding i guess apple didnt need them after all
3. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Deja vu!! and then, they back to Samsung.
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sony don't sell your parts to Apple. They ban every one
5. rudlie (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Samsung display is burning new ipad. May be samsung can produce teflon for that hahaha lol
6. joey18 (Posts: 580; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Samsung will make mistake if let sony make thos displays apple is too powerfull they will change the way how samsung is the 1 copycats thas why apple is moving forward
7. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
sony is display manufacturer? but why they still use Samsung panel on many of their product (phone, TV, etc.) ?
seriously i doubt this news.
Maybe tomorrow we will have a news about Philips join the supplier club. LOL.
8. mercorp (Posts: 995; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Sooner or later sony will have to rely on supplying apple with parts in order to keep it alive.
The high yen,tsunami,earthquake,....etc,etc.
9. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Not surprised considering Apple is supposedly thinking about purchasing Sony.
11. romeo1 (Posts: 651; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
If that would be true i would consider switching to another brand.
Cause i don't want people to know my evey move ;)
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
14. Ksolaoke (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
Stop chatting s**t, if that happens I'm better off without a phone
10. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Oh yeah, I remember when rumour had it that apple wanted to buy Sony... in 2010.. really cant see that happening though, it was more like one of Steve Jobs' little fantasies, anyway yeah thats not true :)
12. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Unfortunately the promise of smart phones is no longer viable. With data cost skyrocketing and carriers capping bandwidth, its back to the days of SMS and voice.