Sony issues first software update for the Xperia Z
By the looks of it, Sony will be rolling this update out in phases, so not all users will have it from the start. If you aren't receiving a notification for an available update, be sure to check Sony's PC companion app, because that's where you might find the update ready and waiting for you.
If you get the update, be sure to let us know if you can notice any changes in the device's performance!
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
OMG Sony is fast! Thanks Sony!
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
So still not JB 4.2? The Galaxy SIV will come out on 4.2.2 before the Z and One come out with 4.2.1., and competition is badmouthing Samsung? lol
5. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
lol that's a blatant lie. HTC One is launched with Android 4.1.
8. CaptainXperia (Posts: 14; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
lee480 is right..htc one launches with 4.1.........and by the time s4 releases(in end april)....xperia z would already have been updated to 4.2 ........Cheers!!
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
lol that's a blatant lie, Xperia Z launched with a 13MP camera
See how this reply doesn't make sense in the context of the original post?
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Sony was never like LG or Samsung into being first to be at good with specs like: Cpu and Gpu. They mostly concentrate on "Designs": like no other's, "Why Compromise"™
12. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Nope. He said HTC One comes with Android 4.2. That's totally false.
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He's talking about Android JB 4.2.1, not 4.1.2.. See the difference?
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
:) Well he clearly doesn't. Not being able to deal with 3 numbers is a clear sign of brain disease, but to his credit he's not the only one.
Give him an iOS device, should be simple enough for him haha.
28. J_Rod (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
The reason why Samsung is carp is because the android software they use is just stock 4.2. They don't change much, which is also the reason why they roll out updates faster. It is why people using iPhones are changing to them, because they just think it gets more updates it must be better.
7. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
hoping that this update will address this bunch of issues onhttp://talk.sonymobile.com/com
cause my sister ordered it 3 weeks ago, and she's now having a hard time to accept what she reads on that site and tech reviews..
13. StreetNerd (Posts: 782; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I got the Xperia Z today... and im allready putting it up for sale.
15. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
trollers Sh*t Up please.
this is SONY.
16. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i bought Z 4 days ago , i played with it in all possible ways :P put it in bucket full of water more than 5 times , took underwater video , watched movies , tried all damn games ,music is excellent , battery life is more than 15 hours and display is true & real ! Im extremely happy with the phone :) i suggest everyone to go for it :) people have infact gone wild seeing the Z design & build !
19. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Really? Almost everyone who tested waterproof feature complained they had low volume and on sony forum the mods said let the water dry out in the hole that's cut for the speaker. You are really lucky one that you did not face that issue ...
24. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
he didnt say, the music is came out from the speaker dumb head.
no matter how many problem you bring it
nobody cares, bcoz defect happen to some units
so GO buy your plastic S4
22. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Where all the sammy troll ha?? bashing it. it takes 2-3 days to fix the issue.
In your face now. plus sony is gettin ready there new features for 4.2. they are not like sammy, who just update it just to show 4.2 on there device but nothin new to offer
23. RohanM (Posts: 136; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
wow that was real quick,,,,, samsung if u r reading this then learn something..... s3 sudden death still not fully fixed,,,, shame on u sammy......
27. leonines (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Is anyone experiencing any problems with the app icons on XZ after the software update.
I am using it for almost 3 weeks but didnt find any problems but i had installed the latest update and the apps on the home screen or the menu doent respond at all. but the widgets are working perfectly fine.
Please suggest any solution for this