Sony i1 Honami will capture 4K video with its 20MP camera, spy shot confirms
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2013, 22:09 posted on
Not long ago, a system dump from the Sony i1 Honami smartphone revealed that its 20MP camera could capture video in 4K resolution. Now we have more evidence leading us to believe that is true – a spy photo of a slideshow presentation lists 4K video support among the smartphone's stand-out features...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
66. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Also people may keep 4K videos for a future.
69. kobainez (Posts: 427; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Whooa calm down troll. Your samdung plastic is sh1t btw
25. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
its funny Nokia with bigger sensor still with 1080 recordimg
and sony with 1/2.3 makes 4K recording
Nokia u r so outdated
better try to match
Lumia 1020 already having Galaxy s4 equal quality and 2010 specs
36. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
If this honami device has worse pic quality than the lumia 1020 but can do 4k resolution videos, will the 1020 still be outdated? I think the normal consumer that's not a tech junky will care more about how their pictures look than their video being in 4k resolution that they probably can't even take advantage of.
37. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
lumia 1020 already having 2009 specs
first fix this problem of Paper weight i.e Lumia
42. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
the lumia 1020 weighs 150g. that's not heavy. if you think that's heavy then you should stop trying to troll on PA and go workout with a 16oz bottle of water that's 479g. lumia 1020 has 2gb ram, that's 2013 spec. lumia 1020 has snapdragon msm8960 that came out in q1 2012. it has a camera that's ahead of its time. it uses a display that is crystal clear that can be used with a glove that very few displays have. what in it is 2009 or even 2010 specs that you keep saying? troll harder. your arguement is easy trumped by facts.
51. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
and so old specs
with same.old battery
with same old o.s
with same old problem 3.3 market share
as more than 2 years have already gone
55. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
you're starting to sound like TROLL. not saying anything of substance, making yourself look like you dont know what you're talking about. by the way, wp8 came out in october 2012. it's only been a year. so much for your "2 years have already gone". you're boring me. have a good night.
49. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Since Honami use about the same sensor, lens and image processor like Sony DSC HX50, i think the image quality will be very good.
52. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i agree. i think it will be good image quality, atleast i'm hoping it will be. my work uses android in the work place and i would like to get an android phone that has a very good camera on it.
39. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
what are you saying bro
write in full SNAPDRAGON 800
nokia fans already dont know about this processor
their processing power ends with S4 processor
so kindly write in full
lol because paper weight i.e lumia is having 2009 specs with thickest bezel beating HTC one
60. SIGPRO (Posts: 1387; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Dude get your fact's right the Lumia 1020 can record 4k movies this is only blocked by Nokia.
And even the old Symbian Pureview 808 can record 4k movies....this was proved a few months ago.......and that on a 1.3 GHz Single Core CPU YES EAT THAT!
30. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Hope Nokia beats them to the punch with their "big" event coming up. 8K would be a great leap frog and use for those quad cores, but I don't expect 8K.
32. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
1.2 inch sensor and yet 1080p
1.5 sensor and still 1080p
so outdated with those 2010 specs
47. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
8K??? hahaha ...
So who do you think that will help Nokia to make camera sensor with
8K capability Toshiba or Sony??
50. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
*facepalm* please dont embarrass nokia.
no camera needs more resolution to improve its quality.
these 20mp(6+ MB) pictures and 4k videos on honami are ridiculous enough,
53. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
ur paper weight i.e lumia 1020 is already having yellow.tinged issues and fix the problem.of old specs and yellow tinged
and then come back with new paper weight arguments
then again we will play catch-catch
paper weight fans....
64. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 985; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Knowing Sony, the i1 will come with a boatload of its own issues like every other Sony/SE flagship since the P990, so I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at the Nokia Lumia 1020. ;)
67. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
On 4th september lets see wich one better your favorite Note 3 or Honami.
And before you talk about bezels you need to teach your beloved company to make smaller S4 Active than Xperia Z
70. kobainez (Posts: 427; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Always got things to complain bout sony lol. Why didn't complain about ur galaxy s 'lag'?
84. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
if you don't like the camera, buy something else. nokia lumia 1020 is available and is by far the best cameraphone. but no thanks, i'll get a phone with decent camera like this one and runs android.
85. Morientes (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
""If there was a trophy for the biggest gimmick, this would definitely take the cake. How many people will take advantage of the full 4K resolution? 0.0001% of the total population.""
Everyone. TVs with 4K resolution will begin to produce in all larger firms, soon.
And stop bashing about the design of Xperia phones, its the last thing you can talk about. At least they have every year diferrent design and all of them are beautiful. No word for your stu---ity.
86. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
There's a reply button in case you didn't see it.
4K TV's are not only expensive, but not widely spread. They won't go into mass production until next year or later, so it's useless to have as of now. Sony is recycling their designs. What's so special about the Honami? So much hype for a black/white rectangle, which is the same as the XZ with a camera bump. Face it fanboy.
87. jbash (Posts: 343; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
You have a lot of hostility against Sony brother. Have you even owned an xperia device? As far as 4K tv's, 4Q of '13 and 1Q of '14 almost every TV manufacturer's top tier tv's will be 4K. And the black and white rectangle is a weak argument. Let's see the other black and white rectangles go for a swim without a lifeproof case.
I've been on this site for 5 years, and no one is worse than Taco ;)
88. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I wouldn't judge the phone before the release. I hate people judging the phone before it is even official.