Sony i1 Honami to be announced in Paris on July 4th?
0. phoneArena 28 Jun 2013, 05:30 posted on
July 4th is a date usually associated in the U.S. with fireworks; it looks as though that tradition is going to be exported to Paris this year as an invitation from the Japanese OEM shows a sideways image of the Sony i1 Honami, the first cameraphone in a new One Sony series. The invite, which was originally thought to show the side view of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, shows a time of 9:30 am for the Independence Day unveiling...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's about time! Bring it on, Sony!
3. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Hey XperiaDROID are you looking forward to the Honami or are liking the EOS?
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm looking forward to both of them! lol :)
6. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Yeh this year should be great for camera phones and phablets!
13. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
too skinny for a cameraphone. Lesser than expected MPs and low battery life is in basket sonsidering that this is Sony. Only Sony can power a pick up truck with a moped's engine considering a puny 3000mAh juicer runs the ZU
16. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
The last boss is the best, so, Sony had to announce it earlier before the final boss EOS shows up on the 11th =P
Indeed, too skinny, and if the earlier leak was real, the camera is too small, and if it does house 20MP, then i no longer have high expectations on the camera anymore. High Pixel count in a small camera is a tragedy in the making. That;s no way the sensor can be 1/1.6, unless the earlier leak isnt real. But the thinnest seem to indicate it is real.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Maybe they should change their name to Siny? There are soo many examples where they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
33. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Doesn't look that skinny to me. Camera thickness is more dependent on lens than sensor.
22. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Honami vs EOS!
Let the game begin!
29. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
lol.they havnt even announceed yet
28. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
am i the only one who thinks that two pictures dont match.
Hint:the signature powerbutton of sony (these days)
39. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1051; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I'm thinking the picture we saw of the "leaked device" may have been a prototype, but I also don't think this is the i1 Honami. Also, whatever happened to this:
If that teaser image was real, then this doesn't seem to line up with the leaked images.
46. kevuin (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
sadly a Fake. Someone with too much time on their hands. based it off of this: s23.photobucket.com/user/ed150n/media/honamirender2.jpeg.html
38. RsKsp (unregistered)
this is mine hell yeah!
2. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I'm very proud of Siny, they are finally bringing there A game, now the fun begins can the mighty Sony honami destroy the also mighty EOS (or 1020)???
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Siny? You mean Sony right? Sony is always in the game. ALWAYS.
And yeah, the competition is getting more exciting. BRING IT ON!
10. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Yeh damn editing rule didn't let me change lol
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
See my post 17 above. Based on the current state of leaks, I tend to think Nokia will have the most compelling camera/smartphone offering for 2013 once the L-EOS ships.
21. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Even the 2 years old "Nokia 808 PV" is unbeatable.
7. boosook (Posts: 1358; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
That phone is so thin that it certainly can't have a xenon flash, let alone interchangeable lens!!! BTW, the product shown in the invitation looks like the Z Ultra, so I wouldn't hold my breath for the Honami.
9. oister85 (Posts: 442; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I assuming this phone is going to be bulky to right ?
15. cyborg009 (Posts: 102; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
nothing for which you have to go to the gym!
11. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
First of this isn't the honami, its the Z Ultra.
Second the honami won't be introduced until IFA 13 which is in september...
23. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
First, you are wrong.
Second.. read the first point again.
31. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
potato is homeless.
I live under the earth.
36. DerryAhmad (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Yeah.. The image on the invitation is the Z Ultra. The pen and the Audio jack placement is pretty much confirms it's the ZU. Maybe this is the local/national launching of the ZU?
48. bipinm (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Z ultra dont have camera button....
Honami will probably be introduced at IFA...or July...
12. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
why don't you look and think carefully PA??
look at the audio jack at the top. where is it in the phone of second image
the first image is ZU
19. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Everything is going out of the cage. Where are you now Note3?? Still hiding??
20. evil_slayer (Posts: 50; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
yeah...the audio jack from the supposedly leaked images of the i1 is on the top...not on the side like the image from the poster...
24. getalife2203 (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Jun 2010)
This is not the Honami, nor is it the Z Ultra. The Z Ultra does not have a dedicated camera button, whilst the picture does. And the Honami, if it is it in the leaked picture, does not have a side headphone jack. This phone in the invitation looks like its the both of them together. Hopefully its not too big like the Z Ultra. It could be the Xperia Z refresh with a Snapdragon 800 processor under its hood. I can't wait :D
26. mukmin01 (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
yeah...i have the same thought as you....but i think its look too tall to be the xperia z refresh....or maybe it is actually the xperia z ultra but they just forgot to take out that dedicated camera button on the leaked picture
30. pwnarena (Posts: 1122; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i think that's the xz ultra. that device on the invite is too thin to be the honami as shown in the "leaked" photos.
32. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
If this sexy phone also water proff hell I'll pass the ZU for the Honami!
34. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
The earlier rumors peg the i1 as IP57. But rumors are, well, rumors.
35. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
I agree with the others that this is more likely the XPERIA ZU and not the ホナミ, but irregardless I hope Sony does not waste their first true attempt at full internal collaboration. Sony is the company that needs to do this, as they haveare among the top in almost all their related divisions: BRAVIA, Walkman and Cybershot/〆 are all respected leaders in their own rights.
37. gundamexia450 (Posts: 27; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
MUST.............................................................BUY.....................................................THIS.......................................PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SONY ATW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!