Sony i1 Honami poses for the camera along the Xperia Z, camera interface showcased again
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2013, 07:53 posted on
Sony's upcoming flagship, the Honami, must have a thing for the cameras. Even though we still have no clue as to when we'll officially hear about the upcoming phone from the Land of the Rising Sun, we've seen plenty already...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
that bezel? really? for flagship model????
5. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
The Honami has less bezel that any lumia phone... JUST FYI... i know ur live tile didn't tell u that...
22. james004 (limited) (Posts: 410; Member since: 15 May 2013)
haters gonna hate, thing is this phone specs wise seems to be aiming for best camera in android realm so regardless of its looks, people will buy it for the fact they wont have to buy point and shoot camera along with their pretty look phones.
you want good looking phone get HTC One, with camera that can only shoot things within 10 feet limit.
28. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
nah I won't buy neither, not worth my money, sony may has a good spec, but this stupid bezel? nahhh...
htc one? yes it has a quite good design, but 8 mp? come on... also 5" is good in my hands, why 4.7"? hahaha...
24. Damo579 (Posts: 104; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I have a Lumia and yes the bezel is big that's my only complaint style wise. sapibuntinx made that comment because most of the flagship android phone have a small bezel.
29. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
thanks, that's what I want to say... look at those S4 or HTC One, I don't have both though, so I'am neutral here, just planning to spend my money on the best worth to pay...
27. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
am I saying I like those lumia? lol tard...
7. FeroDeNO (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
where were you when nokia showcased its flagship model??
you didnt uttered a single word like "bezel" in that article for Lumia's??
still Honami has less bezels than lumia
better tell nokia to keep less bezels
30. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
well I'am not planning to buy those stupid lumia, so why should I bother to look and comment on those article??? I was planning to buy honami, but this bezel? come on man... u must be better than this...
19. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I know what happened to you people. Is bezel part of the standards now? Geez. You people should think about standards set for a smartphone.
31. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
everybody has their own standard... camera? design? spec? speaker? OS? all of them?
21. Commentator (Posts: 2086; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Of all the smartphone "wars" going on right now, such as the Battery-Life War, the Display-Size War, the Resolution War, the On-Screen Button / Physical Button War, the Camera War, etc. I don't think the "Bezel War" really ranks among too much concern.
32. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
the bezel is part of the design... I remembered when everyone bashes all of samsung's design, and I agree on that, lol...
2. tech2 (Posts: 1131; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Look at those blacks, Nice job Sony !!!!
Dont scew up size now. Xperia Z was quite big as it is. People will likely go for note 3 if there is only a marginal difference between honami and note 3
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1886; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Great, I mean bezels are great. ;)
4. pwnarena (Posts: 580; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i don't like the way it looks but hopefully, other features make up for that not so desirable appearance. the camera should be better than the galaxy's now. the speaker should be better. the display should be better although i think triluminos still does not offer any worthwhile improvement.
i'm still disappointed with the triluminos display. there's still that noticeable washing away of colors. it does not lower power consumption. it still looks dull on photos (based on those leaks). i'm sorry i'm just expecting too much from sony since they are supposed to be experts when it comes to display technology.
also i really hope the camera does not disappoint considering that it's being hyped for having G lens and a higher MP count.
9. FeroDeNO (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
check this for display
10. FeroDeNO (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
check this for display
11. FeroDeNO (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
sorry that link might not work after u copy paste
better try this
15. TMach (Posts: 305; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
The screen is a major leap from the XZ and it has very good viewing angles. Must stress that viewing angles are not really an issue for me but that was the main criticism of the XZ's screen. The Honami uses similar screen tech to the Ultra so nothing to be disappointed about. The colours are vivid and literally pop off the displays! See this link -http://youtu.be/tSQ3wPxUQps
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, bezel isn't a big deal to me, but what Honami disappoints me is that it won't have Xenon flash. Why Sony?
26. rgxVOiD (Posts: 427; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I'm guessing that want to keep it thin, Z Ultra doesn't even have an LED flash
8. shuaibhere (Posts: 685; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
and people say only samsung makes same kind of phones(design wise)...atleast you can differentiate between s3 and s4..
12. maverick786us (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Samsung uses CHEAP plastic, Nokia, Apple and Sony uses premiumed material
13. TMach (Posts: 305; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
It is ok to use follow previous design language if it excellent and classy but not if it was boring in the first place! The S3 design was flawed with the metal looking plastic edging cracking and the phone not a looker and the same boring design language was carried forward into the S4, hence the complaints! The Xperia Z on the other hand is one of the best designed phones of recent times along side the HTC One. Personally, I found the size of the XZ big enough and not sure about the Si1 being bigger! Will wait to hold it before deciding.
23. shuaibhere (Posts: 685; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If it is so....then why most android and even wp fans blame iphone for same thing...even though iphone's design is excellent and is also a big hit...
25. kobainez (Posts: 291; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
At least sony doesn't use last year design unlike your beloved samsung. Same design for 2 years in a row. If it's a nice design like xperia people will be okay with it but it has an ugly bar soap design
14. Omarc07 (Posts: 189; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I agree with maverick at least nokia, htc sony dnt use CHEAP plastic.
16. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 152; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
This is a sexy device. I find the Xperia Z more attractive though (Most likely due to DEM BEZELS)
17. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 729; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Dissapointing that there were wnough space for the buttons to be placed on the bezel.
Really curious to see how the camera lookslike
18. pyradark (Posts: 687; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Be sure that those huge bezel is somethin worth it, like sensor parts, or the amplifier chip at the bottom and the 3000mah for the 8mm thick. Space inside has been occupied
20. Lyngdoh (Posts: 199; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Am I the only one here or did the horizontal bezel got smaller compared to the previous leak?