Sony i1 Honami cameraphone pops up in the flesh, sporting Z-like design
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 05:04 posted on
A few clear photos have emerged that allegedly depict the Honami front, back and sideways, and they indeed show that Sony is going for a regular thin look and feel, but spicing it up in the camera department. The bottom is evidently hosting a speaker grill, indicating some added focus on the audio department, too, like originally rumored...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I like that speaker grill. The bottom bezel is so huge.
11. james004 (Posts: 440; Member since: 15 May 2013)
so the leaked pictures from a month ago were correct. this is disappointing, i was hoping that was a prototype. oh well. ill be buying this anyways. i want that camera. it will be like my GS3. i bought it and every single day i hated looking at it cus it looked so disgusting.
12. vincelongman (Posts: 616; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Why does the screen look so terrible, the Xperia Z Ultra had a pretty good Triluminos display, this one looks worse than the Xperia Z. Also why doesn't it have tiny bezels like the Xperia ZL. Hopefully its a early prototype.
15. alila2 (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
hope it's smaller in size than the xperia Z.otherwise it would be a step backward .
2. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
No hump! or is that just a Nokia thing?!
3. sri_tech (Posts: 184; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Dont worry. This will suck because of small sensor.
40. akki20892 (Posts: 2639; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
he don't know how 41MP camera manage to fit in such a small area.
4. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
yup no humps, it's not a good as a nokia...
13. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 391; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
So you are now saying that humps are the new basis of the phone's photography performance? Come on, let's just see the actual capabilities of this phone when launched then we judge.
18. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
It need not be as good as Nokia... we are not looking for great camera on a feature phone like 1020... this is a smartphone + a good camera which is a better package...
30. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I'm not sure if you are joking, or if you don't realize that the 1020 is also a smartphone.
33. istitch (Posts: 152; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
it's not easy to have best of both worlds
yes, 1020 is a smartphone, but the functionality is at downside relatively
41. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I've had a 920 for a while now, and I'm still searching for that downside.
9. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
That simply means the sensor is small, not a good sign
5. SIGPRO (Posts: 341; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Haha and people said this will kill the EOS.....good luck with that!
17. sapibuntinx (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yea, sontard should use this fake hxxp://androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fake-Sony-Honami.jpg design, looks much much better than this s**t...
21. pyradark (Posts: 710; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Honami: hey lumia 1020 lets capture great shot underwater, i bet you can do better than I.
Lumia 1020: of course I do
(Both phone dunk underwater)
Honami: too bad Im smarter, tougher and beautiful than you
Lumia 1020 KILLED!!!
25. SIGPRO (Posts: 341; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
So only under water the honami is better....EPIC FAIL i would say if that's the only benefit!
People always need to nag about something, get a life!
28. pyradark (Posts: 710; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
You dont understand my comment, read it twice. Whats the point of a superior cameraphone if it is not smart, tougher and gorgeous!
34. istitch (Posts: 152; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
taking good photo underwater is something new
and of course 1020 have a bigger sensor and should perform better than honami, but so what?
it's not really easy to compare and WP and android device
6. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I'm disappointed! And some people say Galaxy s4 it's ugly!
39. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nope, this still looks like tripe. Such a boring design and I was hoping for some of those concept designs. This is just an Xperia Z with an SD800 and 20mp camera, xperia Z refresh. Boring....
42. TMach (Posts: 330; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
You might want to reconsider that statement unless, of course, you are simply hating! The Xperia Z is recognised, along side the HTC One as one of the best looking phones around. The specs on this make it a step up....not forgetting the triluminous display which makes this a huge plus.
31. tech2 (Posts: 1306; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Oh just stop with that 'Phamera' already !!!!!!
If you say something enough times its not gonna become a truth. Cut it out and think of something else !
14. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Hmm the flat back tells me that the camera while better than most will still have an extremely small sensor meaning it won't best the 1020.... At least that's my take.
regardless I live the way the phone looks and if they can get that screen tech to work as it should then they may have a winner...too bad its running on android though, that kills it for me personally.
16. Edmund (Posts: 645; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The thin body suggests a mediocre camera sensor and lens setup
20. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If this is really Honami with the same screen like Xperia Z and small camera sensor.
i’ll get Xperia ZR and RX100 II
22. pyradark (Posts: 710; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Speaker grill is interesting despite its water resistance, thankfully im not expecting this coz Z ultra is much much i prefer. But let us not judge it until sample came out, maybe they are right this time
23. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2095; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Looks good but Z-design continues.
24. cyborg009 (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
So if i take out this phone or xperia z in public, no one will know the difference unless i take their photos and show it to them.. Nice!!!!
29. pyradark (Posts: 710; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Yup, from xperia S to Xperia P only the back tells the difference.
But atleast many people will look at your phone thanks to its beautiful premium design
26. tositem (Posts: 17; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
I guess it's the refreshed version of xperia z
32. pwnarena (Posts: 707; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i think one of the reasons why people liked htc's display is its homescreen. everything looks great because of the layout and overall presentation. i believe this new display from sony is way better than was has been photographed above. it's the awful homescreen and color combination that ruin it.
35. HTCOE (Posts: 314; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
the experience i have with sony devices are terrible... os feels dirty and phone seems weird to own
36. Jason2k13 (Posts: 548; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
an xperia z clone with the same sized bezels? I have a feeling the camera will still be on par with the GS4 or iphone 5.
37. rickysam (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
why sony why that same stupid uncomfortable design and ugly bezel? poor screen again? no improvement in camera other than pixels? may they are improving one departement at a time this time the audio (grill speaker) so need to wait for some 5-6 flagships to get a complete phone thats awful sony
43. kenkenchew (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Throw away Sony Xperia Z and gonna get Sony Honami! D:
44. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
sony never dissapoints with design
it wont have a large sensor because of keeping it slim
thats y sony is making external camera lens
which can be removed anytime
45. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
and i guess this is not a flagship device
sony launches its flagship device in CES every year
just an upgrade of xperia z in processor
46. S.T.A.L.K.E.R (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Jun 2013)
Sony again disappointing ((. I do not see super Cyber-Shot camera, I dont see a new, fresh design, as allways, nothing special, and again quadrangle....))) I miss you Sony Ericsson-it was a legend, a modern sony xpera`s - just junk!