Sony halts pre-orders of the SIM-Free Sony Xperia Z2; delay coming?
0. phoneArena 17 Mar 2014, 16:52 posted on
Sony has removed the "pre-order" banner from the SIM-Free Sony Xperia Z2 listing on all of its regional Sony Store websites. This suggests that there might be some truth to the rumor that the company is having an issue with one of its suppliers. The original speculation had Sony launching its new flagship model in limited quantities. While the Japanese manufacturer will not allow pre-orders from its websites, the phone can still be pre-ordered from Sony's carrier partners...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
That's not a good news but maybe the main reason is the high number of pre-orders.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol no. Limited parts = halt in pre-orders.
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
That's Sammy's problem, you're commenting in a wrong topic.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Reading the article is key before jumping to the comment section.
"This suggests that there might be some truth to the rumor that the company is having an issue with one of its suppliers. The original speculation had Sony launching its new flagship model in limited quantities."
Don't use paragraph 2 as your evidence because that doesn't hold true for Samsung or Apple.
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I like the way you answer yourself.
That was my prediction and you can enjoy trolling everywhere and answering every comment.
Just read the quote and go home.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You know every company uses the term "high demand" for marketing, right? They make limited quantities to build hype and value to the handset lol. Your beloved Sony isn't as great as you thought it was.
12. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Maybe Sony is not great in your opinion, but you're definitely the greatest troll earth have ever seen on its face.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
We'll see the sales figures. Bookmark this page and prove me wrong that the Z2 will sell more than the S5, G3 and All New HTC One.
Biggest trolls go to xperiaDROID (who's banned for a week) and about most of the users that comment on Samsung articles. Let's face reality and accept things for how they are shall we?
31. lee480 (Posts: 197; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Nope. The biggest troll - your brother-in-arms; 'Friends of Samsung', appearing in every Android article, banned. Xperia always sold more than HTCs, I don't see why the trend will change. Similarly, Sony makes profit with every phone sold unlike LG. Bookmark this page and tell me soon when HTC files for bankruptcy. Cheers.
18. maherk (Posts: 3493; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
both of you are trolling. None of the mentioned reports shouldn't be taken seriously, it is a strategy most gadget sites go with whenever a flagship is about to be released. Every year we read the same story, phones are getting delayed since aliens are invading our planet, rumors suggests. Or, this phone will have really bad sales, insists the mysterious "analyst". Sony will sell well, and am sure they won't face any delay in production, as well as Samsung. You love Sony, he loves Samsung, both of you get over it. I for one was bashing the Z2 because I saw a video or two where the screen didn't look that great in it, I was proved wrong, and now I can't find any reason why I shouldn't like this phone.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same in my case, though I still believe the screen over saturates colors like the article from today demonstrated. Is it a good phone? Yeah. Is it the best? That's personal preference.
21. Genza (Posts: 537; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
You can not judge the quality of the screen by simply viewing photos or videos.
Initial tests done by erica griffin, prove that your assessment is wrong.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Photo #3 with the theatre perfectly displays the red was over saturated. I saw what Erica Griffin said btw. I'll stand by what I say until I demo the device in person.
13. TMach (Posts: 452; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Did it occur to you that in some cases it just might be true? This phone is a game changer for Sony and demand across Europe especially, has been huge! It is still scheduled for release in April but it looks like it might be in batches. Guess bias takes away common sense. Just so you know, I am a Galaxy S4 GPE and LG G2 user but making the trip back to Sony....
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Comment #15. And please explain to me the bias. I'm eager to know.
44. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
PapaSmurf, I can feel this article is densely populated by Sony fanboys you should "retreat" lol. I bet you will dominate when the Note 4 comes out but for now...
46. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Site is populated by them. They're worse than Nokia bandwagoners at this point.
49. papss (unregistered)
Not unlike the SS fans ;)
25. maherk (Posts: 3493; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
tell that to yourself when go on ranting on Samsung and Apple's articles.
26. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Have you ever told me that. No right.
Dude just chill I'm just messin. Lol no offense at all. It just fun for couple of minutes.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
One of the biggest trolls on the site is telling me to go away. Ummm no. Go away.
33. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
So people are arguing about a certain phone being delayed or not.
News flash : Sony...samsung and the rest don't give a flying fck about any of you. All they want is yr moneyyyy !!! If Sony is not capable to take it now, you dont have to worry or argue, they will take it later.
P.s. 12 year olds having a fight not Cuul !
40. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Again, Dude just chill I'm just messin. Lol no offense at all. It just fun for couple of minutes
Looks like you r still kid, not mature enough yet.
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Full time college student two jobs. Definitely not old enough, right?
47. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I ve been seeing Papasmurf since a really long time on Phonearena. Though i Aint a active commenter , i follow all articles & comments. I feel its time we all accept that this year its the Sony Xperia Z2 that has won the Flagship race of H1. lets wait n see what happens in H2 :)
6. papss (unregistered)
Sony needs to get their sh!t together.. This thing hasn't even taken off yet and there are already issues? What about the US Sony? Maybe try and release on more than one small carrier?? I would love to have a Sony phone like the Z2
11. TMach (Posts: 452; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
First off the gatekeepers in the US are the carriers so Sony has not really got a lot of choice in the matter. Second of all, the issue seems to be unprecedented demand for the best phone released in a long time....see link below. Thanks to emadshiny!
22. papss (unregistered)
What do you mean they don't have a choice with carriers? Do what ever other mfg does and sell your damn phone to the carriers.
24. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Sony is small all over the world. They are trying to focus on other areas first. asia and europe is where they are focusing at the moment but will eventually come to US too. They already have a problem to produced high number for the demand of the z2.
48. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Yeah but I mean they are not prioritizing US. Only a very few numbers are in the US while europe and asia got the first hand.
34. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Papps, I say you go and tell em to get their sh!t together ! Mthfckers..how dare they..
35. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I really do not like 'sammy' or their pathetic fanboys.. but what yr saying is just stupid.
14. TMach (Posts: 452; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
See all those Carphonewarehouse adverts of the Z2 alongside this page? View them and weep.........they are all still carrying the advert for the Z2!
39. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I know...I mean I just don't have enough napkins..the ads are killing me man..
17. sonisoe (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 May 2009)
ill wait longer probably for the second batch of manufacturing to male sure all kinks are ironed out
20. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2004; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
samsung S5 has trouble on its six lens optics,and now xperia Z2 shipping delay. hope it all goes well soon.HTC is around the corner and it might not have any problems.
36. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I know right ?! How are we suppose to live like that...first the s5..now the z2...I mean the world is comming to an end !!!
28. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
It will not beat the S5 in sales but it will beat the crap out of all new one. Poor marketing, uglier than OG One, htc 'premium' pricing And that camera will be certainly gimmicky as usual for htc flagships.
38. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
If only htc will hire you ! No worries, I will speak to Chou to send you an offer.
42. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Just hope there aren't any delays with this one...
45. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
G3 will outsell them all, with no production problems. Are we happy now? Good.. unless Sony goes to verizon which with this happening, seems very unlikely