Sony announces its Sony Xperia Tablet Z
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Jan 2013, 21:28
On Monday morning, Sony has brought forth its Sony Xperia Tablet Z, expected to be as high end on the tablet side of tings as the Sony Xperia Z is in the smartphone world with a 10.1-inch 1,920 x 1,200 screen, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, and Android 4.1 is powering the slate whichis water and dust proof...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator posted on 20 Jan 2013, 21:33 3 3
The Nexus 10 has a screen resolution of 10.05", not 10.1". Otherwise the PPI would be slightly under 300, and all would be lost!
13. Alan01 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:56 7 2
Technically, the Google Nexus 10 does have a screen size of 10.05, but we were just rounding it off. Seeing as that would take the pixel density under 300 and keep you up at night, we changed it for you. No tipping necessary.
16. Commentator posted on 20 Jan 2013, 23:06 0 2
I will sleep easier now, you can rest assured.
35. apexKBC posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:35 0 0
Sonys Z series
Samys S series
Motorolas X series
y cant they name it, instead...............
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 21:33 2 6
The back looks like glass and that may be very slippery, and when it's so thin the battery will not be big. I think N10 design is better.
3. Commentator posted on 20 Jan 2013, 21:52 3 7
Yeah, it's 6000 mAh, way smaller than the N 10's 9000 mAh. (http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/20/sony-xperia-tablet-z/)
I don't understand the thinness war on tablets anyways. I don't want my tablet to feel like it's going to break in half, especially when I know I could be getting more battery life were it thicker.
29. 007akshay posted on 21 Jan 2013, 08:35 2 1
leave battery but it has micro sd card slot so equal...........
32. Commentator posted on 21 Jan 2013, 10:52 0 0
That's if you equate a MicroSD slot to battery life. For the record, I'd take a full-size SD slot (and full size USB 3.0 slots, for that matter), which they could've more easily done had the tablet been thicker.
12. Commentator posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:36 2 3
I think he means in terms of performance, not build quality or appearance.
I'd take the sleek edges and glass build of the Xperia over the plastic, clumsy-looking roundish shape of the Nexus 10, but the Nexus 10 has A) a better screen, B) a better battery, and C) stock Android, which make for a better-designed user experience, in my opinion (and apparently MeoCao's), than quality building materials do.
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:59 3 6
I do mean N10 design is better.
Design must serve a purpose, and for 10" tablets the comfortable hold must be the main focus.
with N10 you have peace of mind that you will not drop the thing, and it's warm and nice to hold.
Tablet Z may look sleeker to some but I like the N10 look better, but that's just personal tastes.
17. Commentator posted on 20 Jan 2013, 23:07 4 2
To each his own, but I hate holding a warm tablet/phone. I love my Evo's aluminum back mainly for the reason that it is usually cool to the touch.
18. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2013, 23:23 1 3
lol, in cold weather we want to hold something warm, when it's hot we want to touch something cool. So it depends I guess.
But in Japan the weather is rarely hot.
20. SleepingOz posted on 20 Jan 2013, 23:36 2 4
People nowadays can't make the difference between design and aesthetic. As for me, I'd take the N10 over this, as well..
21. zazori08 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 00:20 1 2
but i like tablets that are premium to hold. or in other words worthy to be called a flagship tablet.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 20 Jan 2013, 21:59 0 1
tft ...um how well does it match the PLS and IPS? pannels
5. Johnnokia posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:00 2 2
Actually, I don't know why Sony did not do well in selling tablets ?
Any one have the answer?
10. Commentator posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:31 7 2
Sony hasn't done well selling anything lately. Their CEO has blamed it on lack of brand unity, hence his "One Sony" project. I honestly can't say why, though, they make pretty good products. I just bought a touchscreen Vaio notebook a couple weeks ago and I love it.
6. danny_a2005 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:07 12 5
All eyes on sony... I love the design... they are going to take all of my money with the z line
7. BigBoss10 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:10 11 4
This will be my baby love it...take my money Sony :D
9. jove39 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 22:20 5 5
It looks good...but...slim design is at cost of battery...which is just 6000mAh...Nexus 10 us better choice!
19. techguy22 posted on 20 Jan 2013, 23:34 3 3
if its more than nexus 10 its gonna fail..thats my opinion. nothing should cost more than nexus 10. unless your name is Apple....
23. HDShatter posted on 21 Jan 2013, 00:52 2 2
That's like saying that since the Nexus 4 cost $350 no phone should cost more than $350...
Nexus 10 is $500 for a 32gb, Sony tablet will probably be $400 I would take a Sony tablet any day, I just don't like the Nexus 10 at all.
22. KingKurogiii posted on 21 Jan 2013, 00:28 4 2
Sony does makes some nice Tablets. i liked how different and sturdy the Xperia Tablet was. o:
24. darac posted on 21 Jan 2013, 02:22 6 2
Now you're talking, Sony.
This is probably the best tablet in the world now, imo.
It spells class and quality.
Waterproof at 6.9m and under 500 grams!
Full hd screen with snapdragon pro should offer super smooth combination.
Nexus 10 has that ultra hd screen, yeah, but it is also buggy and not optimized and lacks in the memory expansion USB functionality.
25. DerryAhmad posted on 21 Jan 2013, 02:38 6 2
I'm liking Sony's 2013 offering more and more. Both the Xperia Z phone and Tablet looks powerful with premium feel. This might be the Tablet to replace my Sammy Tab.
26. valapsp posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:50 2 2
I'm in love with it. As much beautiful as the Xperia Z (The smartphone).
28. erdpov posted on 21 Jan 2013, 07:47 0 1
Sony struggles. Only Samsung is able to amaze with its innovations. Design is important, but even more vital characteristic is its productivity and software. Try note 10.1 by Samsung. This tablet its miles ahead. Sony is all about its design. Sammy's goal is not only design, but also the technical superiority on every level from software to hardware. And Sammy is doing well.
37. pyradark posted on 21 Jan 2013, 18:38 0 0
hahaha!!! just cant accept the fact, sony is bringing the best this year, pls. dont compare a powerful, tough and masterpiece design to plastic.
38. erdpov posted on 22 Jan 2013, 09:56 0 0
The so called design is very subjective. What you call a masterpiece is not necessarily such a cool design for all people. What you call "plastic" can be very attractive to a lot of people.
31. areeeeez posted on 21 Jan 2013, 10:19 2 0
Same design language as Xperia Z
Sony's design are awesome and Xperia Z are Sony's best design to date..
Xperia tablet Z ? even ...
34. ramoman posted on 21 Jan 2013, 12:08 2 0
sony xperia z / sony xperia tablet z / sony vaio z / sony walkman z 2000 all are awsome
36. Kalevro posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:40 0 0
They are just pushing and pushing, I don't know what tech stuff we will have announced next year !