Sony announces Xperia E - affordable Android with HD Voice
0. phoneArena 05 Dec 2012, 04:00 posted on
Sony has just announced the latest addition to its Xperia line-up, and this time it's an affordable solution called Xperia E...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 377; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Android 4.1 runs on 1 GHz single core processor with 512 MB ram compared to WP8 and IOS 6.so android is not hardware hungry if optimised properly.
3. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
agree.. sony is one of the best phone maker when it comes to optimazation. i have an xperia P and note 2. Xperia P works really good for a dual core, note 2 can be fluid thanks to quad core but still suffer on some lag.
cant wait for the 5.0in flagship with/without quadcore, im happy.
20. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Hey Hey.. make that 800 mhz.
Those are the specs of the Galaxy mini 2 that will get the JB update
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3297; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't hate it...but except for the OS, Lumia 620 is better i think!
2. ABDULGHAFOOR (Posts: 101; Member since: 04 May 2012)
sony is a bitch :-/
xperia E will have jelly bean out of the box and it has only 1 ghz processor and still have JB.where as xperia arc s has 1.4ghz and will not updated to JB :-( :-/
4. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I'm with you on this one man, they indeed screwed the 2011 xperia range. I wonder what excuse/argument are they gonna present to all 2011 Xperia owners. hhmmmmmmm. . .
7. ABDULGHAFOOR (Posts: 101; Member since: 04 May 2012)
this is totally unfair with 2011 xperia line :-/
9. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
excuse: buy a new "SONY" phone not "Sony Ericsson" phone
12. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Meh. . . the level of me Goin' Gangnam Style Next year is already damn high!.
8. XperiaUser (unregistered)
Actually there is a big verity in 2012 range and 2013 series is on the way so they have no time for old xperias. :(
11. tahnik (Posts: 181; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
No there are some reasons...Just like Intel has a lot quad cores...But every one of them are not same...This 1 GHz Cpus are lot more different than 2011 lineup...
14. XperiaUser (unregistered)
maybe , but at least i need some bugfix for my xperia ,at least one firmware update which makes my xperia ICS experience little more better. thats it!
5. XperiaUser (unregistered)
this will be entry level Xperia for 2013 range. :D
6. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Mr.AbdulGhafoor, Xperia arc or arc s are Sony ericsson phones. It's generous of sony to give ICS update. Sony are struggling to give Xperia S jelly bean. It's not as you think.
10. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
That's not even a legit excuse. So what you're sayin' is since they were both a S/E phone, SONY is not oblige to support it software wise? And we should be thankful that they updated it to ICS even though they broke up with Ericsson? Are they not oblige to do so? The older SGS2 (older that ArcS) is even getting JB anytime soon so I see no legit excuse from them to screw up their loyal (used to be) customers.
25. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Yes but I think that was the only phone that got updated to ICS in the SS 2011 range
22. ABDULGHAFOOR (Posts: 101; Member since: 04 May 2012)
huh they give us a unstable,buggy and heavy ICS :/.,Sony must give us 18 month software updates .
13. smallworld (Posts: 471; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Oh very interesting detail : look at the power button !
Yuga anyone ?
26. Coolkid (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
Yes... Exactly... I guess, that power button's gonna be on each n every model of Sony in 2013...
15. Grishm (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Isn't it similar to Xperia J in almost every aspect right from design to hardware specs?
30. apawar71 (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Xperia Miro And Xperia J hooked up and now they have a nice lil cutie pie named Xperia E! :D
16. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
i guess this is the first article about sony that is not complaining about something in the phone :D
p.s for those who didn't see the close-up, here you go:http://youtu.be/j4o9Muwb5WQ
brilliant as always.
17. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Sony should update some 2011 devices to jelly bean . Example Arc , Arc S etc
18. Samsomesh (Posts: 195; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Great phone.!! Android jelly,Google now at affordable..great work sony.. Should have added front cam..
21. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
This can be easily the best low end, stylish smartphone out there, for the right price.
23. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Xperia E against Lumia 620.. i dont know what to pick
27. Jyakotu (Posts: 832; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I actually like the design of the phone, but if I had to go the unlocked route, I would still go with the Xperia SL. I like the design of it better, mainly due to the cool sliver strip. :3
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
SONY is started to run out of letters what bout their 2013 new phone models what letters would they use left?
29. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
WOW.. they remove the ericsson logo,
FINALLY that green is kinda annoying, having sony & xperia is good