Sony announces Xperia E - affordable Android with HD Voice
When it comes to specs, the Xperia E will deliver a mid-range experience with its 3.5" HVGA (320 x 480 pixels) touchscreen and 1GHz processor. Let's hope that Jelly Bean's Project Butter will help get rid of the lag. Sony also claims that we'll be surprised by the battery life of the device. The 1500 mAh battery will benefit from a special extended stand-by mode designed to increase overall battery life. Basically, when the phone's sleeping, it will disable all functions except for calling and messaging, and once you wake it up, all functions will be restored to their normal state. Of course, users will be able to enjoy Sony's "Walkman" music experience, as well as the xLOUD sound technology, which works really well in most Sony smartphones.
The Android 4.1-powered Xperia E is scheduled to launch in Q1 2013 in both single-SIM and dual-SIM variants.
1. pokharkarsaga posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:10 14
Android 4.1 runs on 1 GHz single core processor with 512 MB ram compared to WP8 and IOS 6.so android is not hardware hungry if optimised properly.
3. pyradark posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:18 11
agree.. sony is one of the best phone maker when it comes to optimazation. i have an xperia P and note 2. Xperia P works really good for a dual core, note 2 can be fluid thanks to quad core but still suffer on some lag.
cant wait for the 5.0in flagship with/without quadcore, im happy.
20. darac posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:00 0
Hey Hey.. make that 800 mhz.
Those are the specs of the Galaxy mini 2 that will get the JB update
24. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:10 0
I don't hate it...but except for the OS, Lumia 620 is better i think!
2. ABDULGHAFOOR posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:11 9
sony is a bitch :-/
xperia E will have jelly bean out of the box and it has only 1 ghz processor and still have JB.where as xperia arc s has 1.4ghz and will not updated to JB :-( :-/
4. XiphiasGladius posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:19 4
I'm with you on this one man, they indeed screwed the 2011 xperia range. I wonder what excuse/argument are they gonna present to all 2011 Xperia owners. hhmmmmmmm. . .
7. ABDULGHAFOOR posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:24 0
this is totally unfair with 2011 xperia line :-/
9. pyradark posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:29 8
excuse: buy a new "SONY" phone not "Sony Ericsson" phone
12. XiphiasGladius posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:35 1
Meh. . . the level of me Goin' Gangnam Style Next year is already damn high!.
19. Lawliet posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:17 0
Excuse: I'm a friggin' student
8. XperiaUser posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:27 1
Actually there is a big verity in 2012 range and 2013 series is on the way so they have no time for old xperias. :(
11. tahnik posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:35 0
No there are some reasons...Just like Intel has a lot quad cores...But every one of them are not same...This 1 GHz Cpus are lot more different than 2011 lineup...
14. XperiaUser posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:41 0
maybe , but at least i need some bugfix for my xperia ,at least one firmware update which makes my xperia ICS experience little more better. thats it!
5. XperiaUser posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:19 2
this will be entry level Xperia for 2013 range. :D
6. Thephonegeek posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:22 3
Mr.AbdulGhafoor, Xperia arc or arc s are Sony ericsson phones. It's generous of sony to give ICS update. Sony are struggling to give Xperia S jelly bean. It's not as you think.
10. XiphiasGladius posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:31 0
That's not even a legit excuse. So what you're sayin' is since they were both a S/E phone, SONY is not oblige to support it software wise? And we should be thankful that they updated it to ICS even though they broke up with Ericsson? Are they not oblige to do so? The older SGS2 (older that ArcS) is even getting JB anytime soon so I see no legit excuse from them to screw up their loyal (used to be) customers.
25. Atlas posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:27 0
Yes but I think that was the only phone that got updated to ICS in the SS 2011 range
22. ABDULGHAFOOR posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:07 0
huh they give us a unstable,buggy and heavy ICS :/.,Sony must give us 18 month software updates .
13. smallworld posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:39 4
Oh very interesting detail : look at the power button !
Yuga anyone ?
26. Coolkid posted on 05 Dec 2012, 14:49 1
Yes... Exactly... I guess, that power button's gonna be on each n every model of Sony in 2013...
15. Grishm posted on 05 Dec 2012, 04:42 1
Isn't it similar to Xperia J in almost every aspect right from design to hardware specs?
30. apawar71 posted on 06 Dec 2012, 08:04 0
Xperia Miro And Xperia J hooked up and now they have a nice lil cutie pie named Xperia E! :D
16. aokde posted on 05 Dec 2012, 05:06 0
i guess this is the first article about sony that is not complaining about something in the phone :D
p.s for those who didn't see the close-up, here you go:http://youtu.be/j4o9Muwb5WQ
brilliant as always.
17. thelegend6657 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 05:55 3
Sony should update some 2011 devices to jelly bean . Example Arc , Arc S etc
18. Samsomesh posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:05 0
Great phone.!! Android jelly,Google now at affordable..great work sony.. Should have added front cam..
21. RamyRamz69 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:01 0
This can be easily the best low end, stylish smartphone out there, for the right price.
23. phil2n posted on 05 Dec 2012, 08:02 0
Xperia E against Lumia 620.. i dont know what to pick
27. Jyakotu posted on 05 Dec 2012, 17:38 1
I actually like the design of the phone, but if I had to go the unlocked route, I would still go with the Xperia SL. I like the design of it better, mainly due to the cool sliver strip. :3
28. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:03 0
SONY is started to run out of letters what bout their 2013 new phone models what letters would they use left?
29. pyradark posted on 06 Dec 2012, 05:27 0
WOW.. they remove the ericsson logo,
FINALLY that green is kinda annoying, having sony & xperia is good