Sony announces Android 4.1 update list for its Xperia models and not all 2012 models are on it
0. phoneArena 17 Dec 2012, 13:28 posted on
Sony Mobile has made a list of which phones are naughty and which ones are nice, which ones will be receiving the Android 4.1 update starting in February or March of 2013, and which of its 2012 models will see Ice Cream Sandwich as the end of the line; if you own a Sony Xperia phone you are going to want to read this list...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Wow...until Feb? That ain't good at all Sony. Also, I see why Xperia tipo and Xperia U won't get JB (it only has 8GB, maybe the update would leave it with less than 4GB available), but Xperia Miro and Sola won't ge it? Seriously?
2. Commentator (Posts: 3689; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
When Sony plans to release "quarterly flagship phones", as they recently revealed, I would imagine it makes it more difficult to promptly update their phones.
3. meeaaoon (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I really like Xperia T and V very much but this is the only reason I am didn't buy that. They are too late with updates and I think there might be another version of Android at that time. Reason to stick with my GS3.
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 987; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Oh dear Sony, no surprises here then, just typical Sony being late as usual, by the time the T gets JB both my GS2 and GS3 will be on 4.1.2. :)
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wow so many Sammy troll around... Let see here, the only thing that Sammy 100% confirm the update is the sgs3, gnote, and gnote 10.1, even worse, Sammy is not yet promise the DATE!!!! At least I trust sony for being HONEST as a slow updater, to avoid create the hype...
What makes you so sure you will get these when Sammy ONLY announced the update devices WITHOUT giving the accurate DATE!!!
Where is the DATE Sammy? Why only Sony manage to announce it?
21. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Wendy, what are you talking about? The Galaxy Note 2 shipped with JB & the Note 10.1 & the S3 already have it. Also, I believe they confirmed it for the original Note. Not so sure about the S2.
25. an4564 (Posts: 39; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
idk if u have problems reading or ur just one of the sammy trolls but i dont see him saying anything about the note 2
27. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Nothing of what I said was trolling. I was simply stating facts. Think before you say silly things.
23. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 987; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Errrm...GS3 and GNote2 are already on 4.1, in fact, both are now being updated from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.
Galaxy Note 1 and Galaxy S2 have been said to receive their 4.1.2 updates by the end of this month.
8. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Couple of new firmwares (ics) are coming up for 2011 models...
9. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Yeah, I noticed that, but they're most likely fixes to Facebook Inside Xperia.
10. fbermudez86 (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Running Android 4.1.2 on my Xperia Arc thanks to FXP Team. :D
11. BomberXL (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Happy to announce my Motorola Atrix HD just received its 4.1 today. :)
12. Grishm (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 May 2012)
How the f**k are U and Sola are lower-end compared to J and Go? Both U and Sola have better display than 'Go' with other features same. Also, U and Sola outclass J in everything for crying out loud.
14. romeo1 (Posts: 718; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
what the hell?
the P,J,GO getting the update before the S? this is bullcr*p.
U and Sola have the same chipset as the P and they don't get it?
This is brutal hope sony comes back to this cause this could be the reason they will lose customers.
(not me cause i don't really like htc's and sammys designs)
18. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I'm kinda on the same situation, I'll stick to Sony for it's interface and designs (I don't care that much for the software it has as long as it works).
16. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Well good thing I didn't bought the TL cause i knew SONY will give it a kinda a few months late on it
17. jibraihimi (Posts: 762; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I will never recommend Sony to anybody now.......... I convinced my friend to purchase xperia U, telling him that song will surely update it to Jellybean. He was ready to purchase LG Optimus 4x, but now I don't know how I will speak to him......... Bad move Sony........... :(
19. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
You recommended Xperia U over Optimus 4X...really? .__.
20. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Xperia SOLA owner. Sony. Don't.Believe.
Never buying a Sony product again. Horrible ICS. Buggy as s**t even now. And it's been 13 months since ICS was released (3 months since it was released for my device).
Additionally, the Xperia S will get Jelly Bean in mid April.
Google might just introduce Android 5.0 in May at Dev I/O
26. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Xperia S & Xperia Ion will be among the devices to recieve 4.1(JB)? F**k!, this just reaffirms that they're screwing customers up. Oh well If Samsung improves the build quality of the supposed SGS4 then I'm going Samsung this 2013 (no flashy ads is needed to convince me).
22. Rexperia (Posts: 133; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
why you guy's really hate sony that much??? just because of sony couldn't matched samsung??? then praise to your "GOD" samsung, it will take you to the heaven...
28. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
My personal choice has been only NEXUS devices. My Galaxy Nexus has been running 4.2.1 Would buy LG Nexus 4 from ebay (india) once price drops even if that means waiting for 6-8 montrhs ... Sony not in near future . .. but good at least son's Xperia P will get JB (not too sure Sony may drop it anytime from the list) :)