Sony Yuga tipped with a glass chassis again, Sony to use Samsung Exynos processor for a 2013 flagship
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Dec 2012, 05:15
Given that Samsung's contract to make Apple's chips expires next year, the Koreans might very well be looking for other customers in the mobile realm, and Sony just took second place after Samsung itself as an Android maker, so it might be getting a pretty sweet deal on those Exynos SoCs, if the rumor turns out credible...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. PhenomFaz posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:00 1 0
looks like a real winner...but glass isnt practically durable....one fall and goodbye to this beauty! and why no stylus?
27. Atlas posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:26 4 0
Dragontail is apparently stronger than Gorilla Glass so who knows?
41. PhenomFaz posted on 14 Dec 2012, 00:50 0 1
bottom line its glass :)
42. bipinm posted on 14 Dec 2012, 01:09 0 0
8. noim1 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 05:43 7 1
Seems Lik SONY is going to go all out in the Coming YEAR !!! YEAH !! it is going to be a HELL of a device...i was wondering when i would get 128GB on a Android Device!!!! SONY FAN !!!! Currently Owning a Xperia T !! and i love it ...GO SONY !!! GO SONY !!!
4. wendygarett posted on 13 Dec 2012, 05:32 2 3
Another things I like is that this is made up of Dragontrail glass from asashi :)
Take that corning!! No love for you
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Dec 2012, 05:35 9 1
Well... this is the Sony we all know and love.........Sony, make believe ;)
13. wendygarett posted on 13 Dec 2012, 06:24 1 2
TFT screen typo
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:57 0 0
23. wendygarett posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:08 0 0
May I know why you dislike oled??
45. romeo1 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 16:09 0 0
i guess he does not like it because of the oversaturated colors.
but maybe sony can make change that?
and also the blue leds weren't able to get allot of hours of usage and that all the leds are loosing their full collors really fast.
hopefully the oled technology improved cause im not really looking into the technology so i wouldn't know how long the leds can be used now.
i'm not a fan of oled either cause the colors are looking really good in the menu's of the sammys cause it's really flashy but for watching movies it isn't good with its oversaturated colors and grey's can look greenish
44. XiphiasGladius posted on 14 Dec 2012, 05:09 0 0
I'll reserve judgement for later in regards with that OLED Display.
9. Thephonegeek posted on 13 Dec 2012, 05:56 4 0
Now that's what is called awesome. 3GB RAM, 128GB ROM, Exynos 5, 3000mAh battery. But I hardly believe sony will OLED Screen. I think they will use S-LCD3 Display. That's good for them.
11. ajac09 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 06:03 1 0
wont have 128gb flash. You cant even buy a 128gb micro sd cards yet and when you can they will be 300+ dollars fail this is so fake
16. cyborg009 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 06:42 3 0
ROM usually means internal memory of the phone!!!
and 128 GB doesn't sound so fake considering it's being planned for Q4 2013.
29. tyger11 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 11:47 1 0
ROM couldn't be used as internal storage, but I'm sure they're talking about internal storage. Somebody needs to learn what ROM really is. Internal storage is not ROM. MicroSD is not ROM.
33. aokde posted on 13 Dec 2012, 14:02 1 0
when i first came to the android world, i was so confused! everybody were referring to internal storage as ROM, which sounded weird to me, because ROM normally is read-only memory....
anyway i got used to it, but still i can't figure out why they call it ROM instead of IS (internal storage or something)
46. cyborg009 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 03:39 0 0
Certainly ROM is not same as internal memory.. what i was going for is whenever in mobile segment you see rom which is listed as 32, 64 GB.. usually by that they mean internal memory of the phone :)
15. cyborg009 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 06:40 3 0
Well i was wondering what will be my next phone after xperia S... search complete :)
17. randomuseresato posted on 13 Dec 2012, 06:44 4 0
Well PhoneArena, lifting rumors from forums - Not Cool. I am the guy who posted all the rumors you have mentioned here and let me tell you, all the rumors are FAKE.
Sorry guys, but didn't want PhoneArena to keep lifting forum posts like this.
And whoever tipped PhoneArena, If you really want to keep getting Sony rumors you better stop tipping PA and other popular sites. Otherwise you can kiss rumors good bye forever.
26. jrandolf posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:55 0 3
o common sir . you're not the only one who has the mind to think the rumor specs of Sony Yuga .
32. Insignificant posted on 13 Dec 2012, 13:42 3 0
I'm 'away', and thanks for fulfilling my wish to troll iPA to teach them a lesson in journalism.
iPhoneArena, you just got pranked.
39. bipinm posted on 13 Dec 2012, 21:35 2 0
U r awesome Random User...
Now lets go back to our forum...
40. Coolkid posted on 13 Dec 2012, 22:59 2 0
Hope, no more rumors about Yuga will be posted here...:)
18. thunderising posted on 13 Dec 2012, 06:58 0 2
Exynos 5450 quad core. Correction
Add in the GPU too.
ARM Mali-T658 MP4 (quad core) GPU
19. RapidCat posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:02 0 0
good spec. but i doubt it.
i chose samsung , spec is one reason, but main reason i can easy root and unroot my device to original stock image, without lose my warranty.
if rummored sony using exynos , maybe true, almost every manufacture use snapdragon chip, and not much use tegra or exynoss
20. lzsbleach posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:44 0 0
Theres something about a tegra and exynoss chip in a phone. They just seem to work faster and smoother than the S4 pro.
25. jrandolf posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:53 0 0
o common . this beast will be available in Q4 of 2013 ? that's too long for me to wait . :((
28. Atlas posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:28 0 0
Is it true that Sony will be releasing a Flagship for every quarter?
30. noim1 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 12:01 1 0
well if thats so ..then that will b a bummper..they dont know how to treat a Flagship with respect..a Flagshipt should stay at TOP no matter what..well at least for 7-8 months...
34. aokde posted on 13 Dec 2012, 14:04 1 0
don't think so, their strategy, which is releasing 2 flagships a year, one each 6 months, is working pretty well for them (and for the consumers). more than 2 flagships a year will be ridiculous.
35. ckoch125 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 15:11 0 0
Bring it to more carriers than just att. I'd love this on Verizon
36. emadshiny posted on 13 Dec 2012, 16:06 2 0
woooooow, if these specs be true we must say, GOOD BYE SAMSUNG ;D
37. InspectorGadget80 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 20:02 0 0
this YUGA IS GETTING BETTER & BETTER every minute. But I have to wait to decide the YUGA or the GS IV hmmm decisions decisions
38. bipinm posted on 13 Dec 2012, 21:33 2 0
Dear PA...U really fell for it...Its a joke...Sorry...Just check The forum where u got the info... :) LOL
we r laughing at u...
43. pyradark posted on 14 Dec 2012, 03:32 0 0
actually Im loving the White screen display already, even the TFT type screen, thanks to software tweak "Mobile Bravia" it produce greatness that compete with AMOLED.
the screen suck when camera hit it but in reality its super beautiful than AMOLED