Sony Xperia phones to support PlayStation's DUALSHOCK 3 controller
Basically, this means you’d be able to easily use your PS3 DS3 controller with games on Android without the need to root or hack your device.
The functionality is revealed in the settings menu of the forthcoming Sony Xperia SP. There, a ‘DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller’ menu option appears.
To set it up, you’d need to hook up the controller once via a USB cable and then you can use it all wirelessly via Bluetooth. Reconnecting the Dualshock 3 controller is as easy as holding down the PS button for the devices to automatically pair.
We do hope that earlier devices including Sony’s 2013 Xperia Z flagship will also get this option via an update.
source: Xperia Blog
4. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
This would really make me ditch my year-old Xperia play..
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You sure about that? Because it's only a year-old. :)
14. cheetah2k (Posts: 869; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Fingers crossed the Z gets support! Maybe in the 4.2.2 rollout?
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm eagerly waiting for the update, don't tell me Sony aren't gonna update the phone till the Android 5.0 comes out. O_o
17. lovefist (unregistered)
i'll probably getting the ZL or the SP but knowing sony's track record on updating phones, gonna wait for android 5.0 to be announced. Sony's gonna announce which phones will get it, then I'll decide. don't wanna be left behind the OS like what they did with sola & xperia U.
2. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Makes sense only if you stream content to your tv, but probably there would be some of them who will squint at their smartphones, couple of feets away... And I don't wanna talk about those smartphone joypad "holders", they are just plain ridiculous.
6. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yeah. Like in the videos they showed earlier. Play games in the Xperia and watch it on the Bravia TV.. Awesome!!!
7. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
I would like to see what xda devs come up with this...
3. CaptainXperia (Posts: 14; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"one SONY" plan being executed by kazuro quite nicely....
5. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
But can't they just put in Android to the 3G PS VIta? That will do the trick.
13. Igneel (unregistered)
Then it'll require more battery and processing power just to stay functioning and without lags... I'd say no. Vita's OS might not be as good as Android but at least the OS doesn't demand unnecessary battery and ads...
8. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
thats a nice feature
Sony is doing lots of amazing things this year. hope to see more of them.
12. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
They should make this a app for all androids, heck i'll pay for it
16. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
All the Xperia phones? Sony is amazing! I will forgive them by not updating my sola. I hope my xperia sola will be supported.