Sony Xperia ion 12MP camera samples
0. phoneArena 11 Jan 2012, 19:07 posted on
One of the more interesting features of the Sony Xperia ion is its 12.1 MP camera, capable of shooting 1080p video. Of course, we know that photo quality doesn't depend exclusively on the number of megapixels, so we preferred to take some images with the phone, in order to see what kind of camera quality could we expect from the Xperia ion once it launches...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 1139; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I vote this camera phone becasue the Panasonic DMZ-40 has strange image noise at high ISO while the cellphone handles it much better at a slight lost for detail. Either way, the cellphone still capture more detail then the camera did.
2. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I'm quite impress on the performance of Ion. Even without xenon, it preformed phenomenally great. I was expecting a disappointment since HTC Titan 2(16 mp), but it has one of the best indoor photo performance to date. I wish a head to head comparison to the legedendary N8 or the future new N8.
4. gammaSharma (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Impressive. Sony only now need to provide compac "zoom lense attachment kits" for the phone standardised for all Xperia range smart phones eg: Fish-Eye Panoramic zoom, lense attachment etc etc.
5. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Wow:-) i am impressed with the quality and detail of the photos and video taken by this phone. Hope Verizon will pick this phone up in their line up:-)
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Ill be buying the ION after seeing how quick u can take the picture. No more Motorola phones for me.
9. harsh_732006 (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
but then how will u make coffee between 2 shots.:P
7. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 396; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Will T-Mobile get any love of this phone into its lineup?
8. microgoogaple_21 (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
PA needs to do a photo contest with Xperia Ion, N8, Titan 2, iPhone 4S, GS2, RAZR MAXX, Nitro HD/Spectrum, and Torch 9810 (blackberry just for comparison.) or whatever the best camera phone for each company is but these are what I think. And of course wait til all these are out!
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now, that's a fine camera.
Xperia ion is the big daddy of androids right now. Heck, it's the best phone to buy when it comes out. Period
11. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Holy...the camera is just spectacular. For a smartphone this small, I am just...amazed.
12. Bruzzo (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
In the ION video sample, Nintendo's legendary Reggie Fils-Aime was captured!! Nobody else recognized him? ;D
Very interesting phone! I am thinking about buying a Sony(Ericsson) phone for quite a while now, because of the miserable photo quality of most Android phones. Reminds me of my beloved SE-K800i. None of the phone sucessors I had, was capable of shooting photos that good.
13. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
These manufacturers are too overly concerned with how thin their phone is. There's no reason for this not to have a xenon flash on it, other than they didn't want to give it a Nokia N8 camera bulge.