Sony Xperia ZU image surfaces ahead of official announcement
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2013, 06:32 posted on
We just saw Sony tease what looks much like its upcoming Xperia Z Ultra aka Xperia ZU or the Togari phone, now we have what seems like a legitimate image of the upcoming phablet…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Wow nice! The Dark Knight (Sony) is rising!
10. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
59. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Dude that snapshot of xperia z, not this zu.
and for picture of this phone, Yea this is not fitting my pocket. I guess fashion need to change back to baggy jeans to fit these phablets.
62. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
What's your problem? I posted the screenshot for Sony fans, the 4.2.2 is coming! It's not for you! If you didn't want this kind of phone then don't buy it, it's simple as that!
75. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
find some ice dude. why are you burning up?
just pointing out what you forgot to mention. and i like this ZU but throwing out my comment about its size, if you dont like it ignore it.
76. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
To much bezel
Let down by 2Gb Ram, 3Gb great
Still using half baked A9 A15, why not the A15®
2. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Holy sh!t that thing looks huge.
Snapdragon 800? Already available by now?
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Brace yourselves Samsung fanboys, the Holy Moly Sony Xperia ZU is coming!
13. tech2 (Posts: 3144; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
This image confirms this phone has the same terrible TFT screen which produces very bad blacks and poor viewing angles. Not to mention arguably thick bezels (sides and top/bottom both). Also, consumers would need to again wait another 6 months for an update in future (that too on a flagship!). I hope they atleast get the camera right this time ! If so, then there is something for Samsung fanboys to worry about !
P.S.: Nice job starting the fanboy wars for no reason !
19. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Unfortunately, that is true. I like what sony is doing with their new phones, except the screen.
44. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Stop trolling. It's ZR screen Not ZU. U guys are just blind fanboys trolling for nothing
20. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
This looks like ZR on the lap of 8-year old much more Compare if you don't believe me.
28. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Not 8 year old, but Asians, and the Japanese are more petite than Koreans. At least many of them look younger than their actual age, which is what i like about them.
A japanese male and female's average height is only 1.7m and 1.5m respectively.
23. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
And with 6.44" screen and that big bezels this is more like tablet not phablet.
P.S XperiaDROID Must love Samsung!
24. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I must love Samsung? Are you kidding me?
I love Sony more than Samsung! :P
30. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
You see Samsung in every article(sony,htc, nokia.......)
64. tech2 (Posts: 3144; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
OOOPS ! Someone's fake account got deleted !!! HAHAHA.....Next time read the rules: 'Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account'
You know what they say, 'Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery'. I'm flattered xD
tech3 < tech2......prevailed
77. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Well it seems you never heard about triluminous display by sony
78. tech2 (Posts: 3144; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I have and it made me very excited when I first read it would feature in the new devices this year. But were you actually bothered to see the picture before posting your comment ? Does that picture look like a triluminous display ? That is the same awful display which they've used in Xperia Z !
25. HouTexan (Posts: 412; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Below, he says, Don't feed the troll," yet, he's one of the biggest trolls here.
27. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Thank you, I will take that as a compliment.
26. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Because Sammy fanboys think that the Note 3 will beat all the phablets from other manufacturers.
32. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I don't see any new phablet.Sony with 6.44" is more like Galaxy Mega.
74. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i think any portable device with native calling feature is a phablet no matter how big the device
maybe thats why Asus call their 7'' device Asus "Fonepad"
33. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
im not sammy fanboy.but i admit note 3 will beat everything
55. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
looks like u have sammyfanboyphobia
71. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
can you tell me how Note 3 will beat everything???
because from what i heard Sony phablet will have decent specs,
5.5''+ display is big device for anyone pocket, thats why S3 beat Note 2 in sales
so i think if the rumours specs of Honami is true, it will be the king of android. you can check the specs here:
5.0" 1920x1080 Triluminos, OptiContrast, X-Reality Engine, 2000:1 + Contrast Ratio
Snapdragon MSM8974 2.3 ghz, Adreno 330
2 GB RAM
32 GB Internal, microSD expansion
2/3" 20/13 MP Exmor RS camera with Sony G lens, Cybershot Camera UI, Camera shutter key, Interchangeable lenses
Xenon + Dual LED Flash, Mobile BIONZ Image processing
NFC, One Touch Sharing, WIFI Miracast
S-Master MX Mobile Audio Amplifier
1080p Exmor R front camera 2.2 MP
Dual Stereo speakers
Android 4.2.2, new Xperia UI
Tough Shatter proof Glass on front ( Tougher than Xperia Z Dragontrail glass)
3000mAh battery, new improved STAMINA mode
Glass + Metal/Carbon Fiber body
IP 55/58 dust, water resistance, shock resistance. No flap on audio jack
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
If it's from SONY, it must be flawed
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Oh you're from Samsung, you must be bored..
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't feed the troll. This troll needs to be flushed into the toilet.
73. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
do you ever heard Sony Xperia Tablet Z..??? its one of the best tablet ever made.
8. ivancapp (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
it is not the ZU, its the ZR, luk at the edges, they seem xactly like the ZR's n clearly not as sharp as the ZU's pic in the press invite......
11. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
He's right. Most ppl here on phone arena are blind lol. 6 inch is bigger than that
9. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
oh no what am i seeing?such a large screen to body ratio?epic fail.
12. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Fail samsung fanboy. Its xperia zr not xperia zu
35. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
That pic is xperia zr not xperia zu. Is it so hard to understand? Your ''such a large screen to body ratio'' argument is invalid
53. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
PA:pic of xperia zl surfaced.
ME:this has large screen to body ratio.
how on earth u declare me as sammy fanboy.sony fanboys should shut their mouths if it dissapoints them with large bezels is it?no one is blind fanboys these days
60. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
i too got a feeling this might be false(image leak) but top tech sites have posted this news and have predicted this might be legit indeed.
14. papss (unregistered)
Too damn big but love the design though. Sony makes great looking phones. One concern is the camera, for a phone of this caliper it seems average
15. pwnarena (Posts: 1122; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
oh please let that not be the togari. that ugly display does not stand up to the hype. if that's the triluminos display, sony is really doomed. that's just like the xperia z display. looks washed out. look at those bezels!
54. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Its not togari I promise. The display will be better than samsung crapmoled
16. istitch (Posts: 178; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I dont think this is ZU.
1st, the bezel is too large for a 6.44 inch phablet with only 6.5mm thickness
2nd, the display doesnt seem like a triluminos display
3rd, if that's a man's lap, the 6.44 inch device doesnt seem right relative to the lap.
42. twens (Posts: 863; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
There is always one point Samsung gets right. The screen is huge but the bezels are always small. Other manufacturers phones just look too huge making their screens appear small instead.
52. pwnarena (Posts: 1122; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
the xperia zu volume buttons are below the power button. that's really not the togari.
just compare that to thishttp://www.nowhereelse.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Sony-Xperia-Togari.jpg
the front facing camera is also too big.
58. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Bezel is huge, and viewing angels are terrible, so it's definitely a Sony.
61. jibraihimi (Posts: 739; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
This should be called as Tablet, instead of smartphone or phablet, as it's indeed a tablet...