Sony Xperia ZU (Togari) specs leak
0. phoneArena 08 Jun 2013, 06:20 posted on
No sooner had the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 settled in for a long reign as the largest screened handset, then along came the Sony Xperia ZU; with a 6.44 inch glass, this phone could very well close out 2013 as the largest screened smartphone. And by this fall, the Sony Xperia ZU could be challenging the Samsung Galaxy Note III and the HTC T6 (its codename, for now) for the title of grandmaster phablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i think sony is just experimenting with their first phablet phone, i dont think they expect millions of sales like the note 3. I've seen the galaxy mega 6.3 in person, and if the size of the sony phablet is similar to that then i dont expect it to have great sales.
3. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Yes it's to BIG,and with xpiria Z design probably uncomfortable!
28. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Between 6"phone and 6.5" is a BiG difference
48. akki20892 (Posts: 3253; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
who know, it can be comfortable if they had make less bezel.
51. yuepc000 (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
6.5" is not big enough. 7" would be even better.
53. Phaze0085 (Posts: 99; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Hell yea. 7" would be awesome. Id call it quits at 7 tho.
36. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
My wife tells me 6.4 is average.
38. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
And now she is looking for a new husband!? Or she is happy with 4"
43. arashmoeen (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 May 2013)
He can make a joke about his wife, but it's rude when you make a joke about his wife.
45. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
How you now Him or His Wife!? Maybe Hi is She? And maybe She like 4"
4. Igneel (unregistered)
This is gonna be interesting!!! Reaally really interesting!
5. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Why not 13MP Exmor RS like in Xperia Z ?
overall a Phone to beat , hopefully Sony will add the Software Gimmiks like Samsung does ....otherwise the media and sammy fans will say "Xperia Z-Ultra does have this and that of Note3"
Xperia Z is the best and so will ZU be!
8. smallworld (Posts: 427; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I read that there was some kind of shortage on 13MP Exmor RS sensor, probably due to all these chinese manufacturer (even galaxy S4) who ordered exmor rs sensor.
52. yuepc000 (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
ZU 8 MP is a big disappointment after Xperia Z.
7. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 888; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
if its 8mp is true then triluminous might do the trick or some sort of software.
9. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
The triluminous display with any object touch input is a real good thing about this phone. Rest specs won't be exclusive for long time.
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2259; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You'r comment doesn't make sense. You could say that about any other phone. Snapdragon 800 is a brand new processor, so it won't be old any faster than the other new chip sets.
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Sony still using half A9 half A15 CPU!
Only Samsung is using and pushing Specs boundaries, the pure A15 Soc Cpu!
S800 is still a A9Cortex Architecture. Clocked at 2.3 the max.
Missing the PvrSgx554x4 GPU.
29. tech2 (Posts: 1780; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
U do know that Cortex A15s are battery drainers, right ?
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You do know that if the batterys are 3000+ Mah would be fine.
So everyone would prefer more battery than power?
44. tech2 (Posts: 1780; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Also, the architecture used in Exynos Octa is not what Samsung originally advertised in Big.Little ads. They clearly advertised core migratiion. Instead of using the advertised core migration the SoC used in GS4 uses cluster migration i.e. entire sets of A15 come into play when only 1 A15 may be enough thereby using more battery.
Also, did u check out GSMarena for Exynos Octa's battery results ? They're pretty bad. Even with 3000 mah they wouldn't have matched S600's talk time.
P.S. I was only having a conversation. No need to be rude about that.
56. Ralph1987 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
You really are a troll dude! You don't have any clue about what you're saying! Samsung is the one using a half A7 architecture and the other half is A15 with their Exynos 5 Octa CPU! They have two sets of quad core CPUs and Snapdragon 800 that's from Qualcomm that will be used by Sony with Togari and Honami will sport a pure A15 architecture that is more powerful than the Cortex A15 CPUs of Snapdragon 600 and S4 Pro. Get your facts straight before trollin around.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6135; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Phone is such a beauty. Best part is its 3300 mah battery. Only two weeks left!
57. Ralph1987 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I can't wait to see this bad boy! I was really craving for more news about the Honami flagship but it seems like Togari is the only one that will be launched soon and if that's the case I can settle with the Togari if the specs rumored will really be applied to the phablet. I just hope though that the 8MP exmor RS sensor is better than the one found on the Z. Sony should really make sure the camera is on par with other OEMs. Sammy uses the same camera lens as Sony so if Sammy's cameras are being rated as one of the best then why can't Sony? Nokia has the best camera on a phone with Pureview and Nokia only specializes in making cellphone devices and not digital cameras and DSLRs unlike Sony and Sammy that are known to be all around so Sony must really step it up. I believe in Sony's products so I hope their next devices will be worth every cent that we'll spend on them. I changed my mind in changing my One X+ to the Sony Xperia Z, HTC One and GS4 coz I know that LG Optimus G2, Honami and Togari from Sony will all be coming out after the release of the current flagships. I just hope that there will be atleast a 3300-3500 maH and a stylus too like the Note series of Samsung.
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Wow this is shaping up nicelyt if it has waterproof capabilities then I may well choose this over the note 3 but the thing is 6.44" is awfully big! Also note has the positives of the s pen.....tough one ....also I expect note to come with SD 800 as well so it will be hard to choose!
22. pwnarena (Posts: 825; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
the togari is said to feature Neonode’s MultiSensing technology technology as mentioned above. i think it's way better than s pen. you can use anything as your stylus. the display detects pressure and the width or size of the tip of object being used as the stylus. also, Neonode’s MultiSensing technology allows users to control the device without touching it. it's not just floating touch, it's beyond floating. you can lay the togari on flat the table and play a racing game without touching the display but by simply moving your hands on the sides of the device (without getting in contact with the device).
26. ianbbaa (Posts: 196; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
really nice peace of tech...but WACOM (+Samsung involved) doesnt sleep...as rumors says, Note 3 should feature 1080p display - so they should break 1280*800 of WACOM limitations of todays devices...so what to expect more from N3??? I think something similar to this...and maybe even more??? Lets see....nice to see new companies to come with real "i"nventions.
14. digitalpro (unregistered)
Hey sony first update xperia s to jelly bean as promised always delay :p
35. kurtdean99 (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
They already updated xperia s to jelly bean fool :P
46. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Still waiting to get JB on XP (not tied to any carrier). though updates started before "s". So he is not a fool ... it could be right his device isn;t updated yet.
16. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I hope sony focuses on good HDR video capability like recording 1080p at 60 fps and introduction of a xenon flash which till date none of android phone has.
58. Ralph1987 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I hope though that Sony will release Honami the same time as the Togari. Honami is really what I have been waiting for but I can settle with Togari if Honami won't be coming out soon.
17. ajac09 (Posts: 1344; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Sounds good but if no carrier picks it up will die
18. sudhiir.reddy (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Hope google come out with sony nexus 5 this year..
55. yuepc000 (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
They'd better come out with an SD card slot (biggest Nexus 4 handicap) and a 13MP camera. Any new phone worth anything has them now.
19. x88yunkw (Posts: 59; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
imho, when they reach the size of 6in ++, the bezel should able to cut down to max.
so eventually the smartphone size might still remind similar size as note 2.
20. mi55u (unregistered)
So many Xperia z variant recently :(
30. pwnarena (Posts: 825; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
people complain about seeing so many variants but also complain that one model has an overly massive display. shouldn't they be happy instead? they have a lot of choices now. their complaint on excessively large displays has become invalid.
39. MistB (Posts: 550; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well, you could say the same for Samsung, S4 mini/Active/Zoom/S4 Mega which is the rumoured Galaxy S4 with a snapdragon 800 running the show with LTE, in which case this may be a souped up Samsung S4 with a larger screen. More variants is more win for the consumer with contracts ending at various times during the year.
24. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I've said since I got my note 2, I would move to a bigger screen as long as the physical over all size of the phone didnt increase. I'm pretty sure there will be some bezel that tips this phone in to the "way to big" category, even for those of us in love with jumbo sized phones.
I'll bet it will look fantastic though!
27. Mobilephile (Posts: 66; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
This is my next! For those that keep saying it's too big, haven't ever used a 6"+ device before.
-sent from my Huawei Ascend Mate
31. pwnarena (Posts: 825; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's a 6.44 incher. so close to 7". if you think of it as a tablet, you won't be complaining about its size anymore. i think the size is good enough considering that it will be using a new display technology that makes it a good tool for sketching or for doing other creative endeavor.
34. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 618; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
6.44 is a little big but I hope they reduce the size of bezel for reducing overall size of the phablet
good luck Sony
37. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
WOW this is a real monster but i wish the screen was at least 6"
Sony must release a special pants with it as well.
47. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony Pyjamas are going to be released as Accessories :D
40. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Brace yourselves Samsung fanboys, the MONSTER Xperia ZU is coming!!
Good luck Sony!!
42. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
The Note3 5.9"(phablet) Xperia ZU 6.5"(tablet)I'm not worried
50. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
6.44" is pretty large, but if people want something halfway between a 8" tablet and the superphones to drop into their bags, this'll be it.
Hopefully the Togari turns out well, since that would suggest that the Honami might finally be a sign the company's putting out a full-on effort.
59. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
funny, the phone that he demonstrates on is in portrait mode, while the TV is in landscape and he manages to fit everything he drew?