Sony Xperia ZL spotted in red (pictures)
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Jan 2013, 03:42
The Sony Xperia ZL is a model that is virtually identical to the flagship Sony Xperia Z save for the water and dust-resistance…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2013, 04:37 3 10
The USB port looks rather awkward, and I don't like the flap on the back
otherwise it's a beautiful phone. But I think Butterfly is little better designed.
Still this phone can have better camera and that's is what really counts.
7. PhoneArenaUser posted on 16 Jan 2013, 05:01 4 2
"...I don't like the flap on the back..."
3. REYNER posted on 16 Jan 2013, 04:06 6 1
wow stunning!! but it seems that its no longer has the textured back cover,, i hope im wrong!
6. Edmund posted on 16 Jan 2013, 04:51 3 9
Doesn't even come close to the sexiness of a red Lumia 920
8. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2013, 05:21 8 2
920 is well build but hardly sexy: thick, heavy, small screen relative to big size of the phone.
but it has great camera.
13. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2013, 06:41 0 2
14. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 16 Jan 2013, 06:42 0 2
10. ZetanAlaz posted on 16 Jan 2013, 06:00 0 1
Love the red color of this ZL, but I think white still looks better than red.
Despite of all the sexy colors, is it future-proof enough?
11. AfterShock posted on 16 Jan 2013, 06:23 0 0
Why the weak sauce door on back of phone?
It'd been bulletproof to me without that crooked uneven flapjacked bent door.
12. xtplnet posted on 16 Jan 2013, 06:34 1 7
I used sony xpeperia ion ,the sony screen is not that good when compared to Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC mobiles .. Sony mobiles have Poor viewing angles and washed out colors....
15. freebee269 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 06:48 5 0
that was bravia engine one. the xperia Z has bravia engine 2. expect improvements.
16. aokde posted on 16 Jan 2013, 07:00 11 0
yeah, all sony phones have washed out colors based on seeing only one phone...pretty mature.
besides, i don't get you people (and tech enthusiasts, including you PA) what the hell does it matter the viewing angle for fu*k sakes! it's not like you will be looking at your phone in a 180 degree!!!
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Jan 2013, 07:15 6 1
the only time you DO that is when they say "the phone has weak viewing angles" and then you start to hold your phone side ways to see WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!
Otherwise you WILL NOT be looking at your phone from an "angle"
smh, id definitely rather weak viewing angles than samsungs OVERSATURATED colors and DIM BLUEISH TINTED SCREEN.....
God, can we talk about things that REALLY matter and stop being nit picky about things?
21. xtplnet posted on 16 Jan 2013, 11:14 0 1
ohh come on man , I bet you that HTC’s LCD 3 and no doubt Samsung’s AMOLED Screen (Samsung Galaxy S3 720P) is much better than Sony.... I am not saying in any way Sony Xperia Z bring nothing good to table I am just highlighting its weaknesses. Million thumbs down won’t change the fact.
22. PhoneArenaUser posted on 16 Jan 2013, 11:50 0 0
"...no doubt Samsung’s AMOLED Screen (Samsung Galaxy S3 720P) is much better than Sony..."
Since you say so, could you explain more widely?
18. PhoneArenaUser posted on 16 Jan 2013, 08:37 2 0
I think that at the moment LCD is better than OLED, at the moment OLED based displays has too much disadvantages. Also I have watched a lot of Hands-On and Review videos about Sony Xperia Z and ZL and no one said that Sony Xperia Z or ZL has washed out colors, everyone was saying that colours are very vivid but still natural. Talking about viewing angles, it is a phone not TV, viewing angles isn't so important.
19. spiderpig2894 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 08:52 3 0
Yes, BRAVIA Reality Display has punchy colors but not oversaturated and sharpness. I don't see any problems about viewing angles of my Xperia S maybe it is washed out by 5% but IDC. Sony's TFT looks washed out when facing a camera but when seeing it personally, you can compare it to SLCDs.
20. PhoneArenaUser posted on 16 Jan 2013, 10:21 0 2
"Sony's TFT looks washed out when facing a camera..."
Not only Sony's all TFT based displays look washed out when facing a camera, but only on camera.
23. spiderpig2894 posted on 17 Jan 2013, 04:59 0 0
When facing the camera in low brightness, it retains some color but in high brightness, colors gets washed out. That is why some Sony TFT have a little bit of punchy colors in some videos and maybe it depends in lighting condition and camera model. LOL