Sony Xperia ZL copycats the Z specs in a tighter chassis for "select markets"
0. phoneArena 07 Jan 2013, 19:41 posted on
If you thought Xperia Z is amazing, but could make do without the waterproof part of it, Sony's got you covered, as it introduced the Xperia ZL sibling, with an even more compact design. With its 5.18" x 2.74" x 0.38", it is shorter than the Z, and a soft-touch curved back nestles it comfortably in your palm grip...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is definitely the more interesting one of the two. i imagine the idea with the FFC is that the phone is meant to be used in Landscape when making use of the camera.
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yea i think i would honestly get this one! im definitely going for the more compact of the two........still not fond of oversized phones but this phone is just to perfect to pass up
Great Job Sony
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
SIMPLY LOVELY. I can't wait to replace my Atrix 4G for the XPERIA Z. ZL will be will be the in other markets.
4. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Exrtaordinary IS COMING.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
till March or Feb TheSuperiousMan. probably have to wait till MWC 13'. I'm dying to buy this right now.
7. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
DNA is available in market from 21 Nov ... Why should any one wait till march Apr when more powerful galaxy s4,and optimus g2, will be available
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Cause this is a design like no others, like SONY says. S3 and S4 is and will be ugly, even I love the design of the S2.
10. pyradark (Posts: 684; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
becoz, this is:
2. Water & Dust Resistance
3. Premium Made
4. Micro SD
5. 13MP with Exmor Rs sensor
6. Much Better Batter
7. Many more
Can LG & Sammy Do this?? i think yes but Ugly hahahha
17. tyger11 (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This one is not waterproof like the Z. This one, however, has a dedicated shutter button. :)
12. taz89 (Posts: 1891; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Have to say this phone looks great and it has a larger screen than the s3 in a smaller chassis than the s3 which is great.. But as usual don't trust Sony especially after how terrible experience my brother had had With the xperia s and also the shockingly slow updates Sony do..example the xperia s was supposed to be there 2012 flagship and isn't even close to getting jb...its been 6 month already and the supposedly 2012 flagship device won't see it till the end of q1 2013 which is then going to be 10 months too late as by then that sh## phone will be gone... Funny thing is people say that Samsung are rubbish at updates but at least they support there top ends I mean I've running jb for ages... As much as I think this phone looks great I will wait for the s4 as I know it will get frequent updates and will have awesome xda support... not hating as I said I love the look and spec of this phone but seeing how much my brother hates the xperia s and the lack of support its had I can't spend £500 on one of there device.
13. alila2 (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I'm in love again, oh shiiiit i guess i'll be sleeping in the garage for the coming week.
15. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
16. techloverNYC (Posts: 180; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
waterproof is useful though, I cant remember how many times i have to hide under a roof to use my phone in the middle of the rain.
19. jopancy (Posts: 55; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
And now you can easily step out of your house into the rain to make a phone call. Great.
This is what I'll do: I'll go deep down into my swimming pool and place a call! Hah!! Might even take underwater pictures while at it...