Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 firmware update leaks, UI goes white
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2013, 17:07 posted on
Early last month, we told you about a number of Sony Xperia devices that will be receiving Android 4.3 before making the jump to chocolatey goodness with Android 4.4. A published report out of Asia shows what allegedly is the Android 4.3 update for the Sony Xperia ZL. And the first thing that Xperia ZL owners will notice is that the UI has gone with black on white...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
And I thought the UI couldn't get any better
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's basically an upgraded UI, the Android 4.3 update may not include the new camera UI from the Xperia Z1. The Android 4.4 KitKat update will have the new UI.
3. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I think they went with white to cover up the whitish blacks of the screens of models like the Z and SP.
5. anleoflippy (Posts: 592; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Or maybe because white is the less dominant colour used in the display so switching to this new UI saves battery.
8. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1105; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Err, Sony doesn't use OLED, LCD always consume the same power regardless of the colour being displayed, the only thing that affects power consumption on an LCD is brightness, nothing else.
10. buccob (Posts: 2461; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Maybe the need to increase brightness for most of those UI screens is lower since changing to white... thus saving a bit of battery...
4. anleoflippy (Posts: 592; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Even though I already have the Xperia Z1, I still have the Xperia ZL for backup. Now I'm gonnna wait.
7. Remmy (Posts: 97; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Maybe it will depend on the color of the phone itself, white for white phones then black for black phones :) What I'm really anxious about is in the improvement of cameras, and if the Z1's camera features will also be available for the earlier Xperias :)