Sony Xperia Z3 scores 37,000 on AnTuTu benchmark site?
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2014, 13:51 posted on
The unannounced Sony D6653 took a visit to the AnTuTu benchmark site, and scored a rather lofty 37,169. The interesting thing is that the Sony D6653 could be the Sony Xperia Z3. That would be the next flagship model for the manufacturer. Sony says it has committed itself to pushing out a new flagship handset every 6 months...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5922; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Six month release cycle is a dumb move. They will piss off the buyers who paid for the previous edition. In six months, they will scale back their 6 months obsolescence program.
6. MrTzr (Posts: 115; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
I bought the Z2 but why would I be pissed of beacause of the 6 months release cylce? I think it is a good thing for Sony that their flagships are at least on par with the others.
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3624; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Z2 is amazing device, but Z3 will more amazing than Z2....!!!
Can't wait to see Z3 improvements......
Go team Sony......
14. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Galaxy Note 4 PROTOTYPE surpassed the 40,000 mark.
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3624; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
we know there is no phone that can beat Note series.......and we r talking about smartphone here not phablet.
27. techperson211 (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Dumb? Tell that to Samsung , Lg and Htc who have a lot of variation of their flagship phones.
12. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
6 months is ridicules, I think Apple do the right thing here with 2 year for major update...
28. wildfiregt (Posts: 103; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Apple releases flagship phone every year
8. Amir1 (Posts: 269; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
most OEM release a new flag every 6 months they just don't replace digits. so you are basically saying that ALL companies are dumb...
13. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah. I agree. Galaxy Note surpassed the 40,000 mark by the way...
And its suspected to be only a prototype.
20. marcski07 (Posts: 506; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
wow, and what makes samsung? all releasing different sh*t load versions of their flagship and slightly upgraded flagships huh??
36. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
You sound like a jealous kid who didnt top the class beacause some one else was smarter.!
22. Diezparda (Posts: 215; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
6 month release cycle was too short, i think a year would be perfect where they had enough time to do some major improvement. Xperia z1 in my opinion shouldn't be released in the first place.
26. N3Z1droid (Posts: 87; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
I have Z2 and i dont mind Sony use 6 month cycle.
34. kanagadeepan (Posts: 717; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Thats a dumb move for sure, but NOT because of pissing the customers.. But due to the fact that they have to update too many phones when the next version of Android comes..
2. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Hmm this 6 month cycle is silly imo. The upgrades aren't huge and they risk upsetting their buyers. Hell ordering any Sony phone is a job in the US and will take months after its released to get.
I just ordered a z2 after picking up a z1 used on Craigslist. Not much.reason.to do.so other than the z1 I got has some scratches and even small chips in the screen which has driven me crazy and the speaker on the z1 is terrible and only gets worse in the shower due to water plugging the speaker grill. Here's to hoping the z2 is at least slightly louder
33. cc3493 (Posts: 155; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
the 6 month cycle is exactly the same as Samsung and HTC + other OEMS. They just call it a different name and product lineup but essentially its the same thing. I think its good that they have a refresh every 6 months. And by that i mean a REFRESH not a completely new product. This means that they have the latest processors etc. Similar to laptops and tablets that refresh when an updated processor comes out but the product is essentially the same.
4. salaal (Posts: 106; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
My friend was going to upgrade to the Z3 but now i told him to wait for Z4 because that will be a much bigger update plus it wouldn't take that much time.
21. marcski07 (Posts: 506; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
relax, it'll not be available any time soon anyway. enjoy your z2... :)
7. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
if not using 805 or 810, then why even release new version now......??? i think z2 is doing better as of now, and they should concentrate on releasing their next true flagship which can challenge note 4, and successor lumia 1520
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I'm loving my Z2 so much
Weight and feel is perfect , along with great all round performance. And nice stereo speakers
35. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3221; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I saw a terrible dream last night. My Z2 glass on both sides cracked and the whole phone sliced into 2 pieces. Then I woke up and everything was alright lol.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is supposed to be a successor, but it's using the same processor as the Z2? It was bad enough that the Z2 was a minor upgrade from the Z1 because the 801 was just an overclocked version of the 800, but now they're actually using the SAME SoC. Pathetic.
40. renz4 (Posts: 254; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
that's the problem with rapid flagship push. they expect to push new flagship every 6 months but once the hardware side take a slow turn then you come with a new flagship that is using the same hardware as the previous flagship.
10. vuyonc (Posts: 350; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
The GS5 LTE-A got around that score. Synthetic benchmarks don't say much but I'm still hoping for SD805.
15. androide (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Jun 2014)
i hate that six months gap it makes no sense
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Should.ve Sony waited for couple of months for S805
Even Tegra4 or with Exynos5, would've been much better clocked at 2.5Ghz, with true 8 Cpu, like the E5422
23. Settings (Posts: 627; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
People hate the 6 month cycle coz they believe that after 6 mos their phones will be obsolete and useless. They are also afraid that after 6 months their phone will not be the latest. Therefore they will not be "in" anymore.
All of this is not true.
30. mixedfish (Posts: 180; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Yeah lots of people buy smartphones for the wrong reasons, they buy it not for the smart features but for the fashion statement.
24. rocky46ruet (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
Still using z1 4.4.4. Next update will be z5
31. luxzy801 (Posts: 136; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
I might have just found my new phone... I was contemplating the Z2 (Carrier Unlocked) or the M8, but I might just wait for the Z3, hope T-Mo comes with it.
39. gaara6775 (Posts: 474; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Till the time z3 comes to store you'll start seeing news about the z4. Its useless unless Sony makes their devices available in time these days .we've seen that already with the availability of z2.
32. GreekGeek (Posts: 844; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
My Xiaomi Mi3 has a peak score of 36200, and it's "just" a Snapdragon800
38. gaara6775 (Posts: 474; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Still less than tegra k1. hopefully z4 might score decent.