Sony Xperia Z3 allegedly photographed again
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2014, 14:17 posted on
It's said that Sony could announce the Xperia Z3 in September, when the Japanese smartphone maker may also introduce an Xperia Z3 Compact...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tech2 (Posts: 2574; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
No one is expecting Sony to change design its already pretty sleek albeit bezel department could be looked at. But they've got to do something about that archaic, mundane and stale UI of theirs.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's probably the worst UI I've seen in awhile. When they change their UI, then I'll consider getting an Xperia phone.
14. Tizen007 (Posts: 545; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah I hope this is a prototype for THEM. Cause this ain't gonna compete with the big boys around the corner.
17. Jinto (Posts: 414; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Oh look, they replaced Chrome with the stock android browser (a fugly icon IMO)
That display looks AMOLEDish with a very reflective screen protector, they should put that kind of display in the Z3
51. techperson211 (Posts: 737; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
One thing for sure this is still a prototype . Sony in the past 2 years is making a huge progress in their smart phones ever since they departed with Ericsson . Keep it up Sony .
16. garlic456 (Posts: 226; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
It's stock android like ui + sony launcher (you can install google now launcher or anything else) + sony apps, which you can uninstall. Software isn't something unchangeable. Am I wrong?
56. mixedfish (Posts: 297; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Sony don't make UI for man-babies. So unfortunately you'll have to avoid their phones.
62. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Couldn't care about UI, going to install Cyangenmod and get a near stock android experience. Almost all UIs are ugly compared to legit real android UI.
79. maple_mak (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Its just third-party program dude... don't get mistake
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3390; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well it became third in the poll here on PA. I guess it gives a some kind of direction how much people like it. I haven't really heard anybody else hate it than the guys who enjoy Touchwiz. But obviously Sony won't go into that direction. They are for two completely different users.
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1547; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
IMO while Touchwiz and Xperia UI both aren't my favourites, I prefer Xperia UI to GS5/current Touchwiz. Sony should refresh it though, bit like LG did with G3.
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3390; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
They should make it like the PS4 interface. It would be 100 perfection IMO.
9. Supraman21 (Posts: 93; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
I've never experienced a Sony phone in person but the UI doesn't look to bad. Leagues better than touchwiz. God that ui is just so awful.
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Used both and definitely can say Sony's UI is just... Fugly, especially the messages icon. My god.
31. hboy857 (Posts: 266; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Touchwiz is the Ugliest/Fugliest and laggiest UI in the world. My god, Every time i see it makes me wanna puke. Just remembering how ugly touchwiz is making me sick. Bye now, have to go to toilet for puking.
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't feed the troll attention. Anything anti-Sony will hurt his feelings.
58. Supraman21 (Posts: 93; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
If there is a Sony article, you are always there to say something negative. Just sayin
61. thesims2customs (Posts: 21; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Idk how much Sams pays him. He is so underestimate other brand. For me Sony gives you the best phone, mostly. Timescape UI which is Sony currently use is one of the most light weight UI.
65. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Comment #55 and #35 please.
68. thesims2customs (Posts: 21; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
The UI just so simple and easy to use. And it is light weight.
77. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It lags on the Z2. PA, YouTube and my buddy have all co firmed this. Don't believe me? Second page of the Z2 review.
59. thesims2customs (Posts: 21; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Or it's just you who love to mock other brand down? Because you have your own fav brand? I have a mid range phone and from the spec, there's nothing special, but it runs smooth than Sams's phone..
80. Busyboy (unregistered)
Anti Sony will hurt his feelings? Reminds me of you and Sammy
63. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Touchwiz is really laggy. Wouldn't say it's unusable just a horrible excuse for a UI. Samsung still make phones that are great with a custom rom such as Cyangenmod.
42. akki20892 (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Hahaha lol +10000
We r the team Sony....
39. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Why would you use any message other than hang out anyways? You didn't say much about TW?
22. Tizen007 (Posts: 545; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Unless its a pretty woman, pretty things can get pretty boring after a while...
34. Doakie (Posts: 1380; Member since: 06 May 2009)
You ever heard the saying, "No matter how hot she is, somebody somewhere is tired of her s**t."? It's sadly the truth.... Even pretty girls get old, fat and grouchy. LOL
36. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
dosent matter how pretty she is, theres some dude out there thats sick of her shlt
2. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
quad hd display with sd805 would be good
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3390; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I wonder if this will bring something cool and unexpected. Because if they don't change the design, specs, display, UI, Camera, it would feel like a stupid release without something "cooleroni".
7. mokhtar (Posts: 284; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
i'm just wondering .. why should a company release a phone that is exactly the same as z2 , who need a 2.5 GHZ when your phone is fast enough !!!! , why just not stuck with z2 until release a new flagship in march or april ....something is wrong here with sony ( from a sony fan )
55. mixedfish (Posts: 297; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
You talk as if a 6 month phone refresh is for you if you own a Z2.
11. Antimio (Posts: 280; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
They just dont get it. How many times do i have to say, NO MORE BEZELS!!!!! Its the only reason why i dont have a Sony phone
19. Jinto (Posts: 414; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
They should offer the option of off screen and onscreen nav buttons because the botom bezel should be used for something
60. vincelongman (Posts: 1779; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I prefer using PIE
IMO its as fast as onscreen once you get used to it
I don't really like off screen since I find that I often accidentally touch those
52. mixedfish (Posts: 297; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Well you'll be waiting forever if you want a phone with 'no more bezels'. Enjoy your Nokia 3310 for the next 50 years.
69. thesims2customs (Posts: 21; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Let's open the phone to find the answer why they have a big bezel at up and bottom.
15. fzacek (Posts: 2321; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Still has those bulky top and bottom bezels. That's one of my biggest complaints about Sony's flagship phones...
70. thesims2customs (Posts: 21; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
They must have reasons for this time. -_-
Or people will keep curious.
18. iamoa (unregistered)
top and bottom bezels are again huge = :(
front facing speaker design worse than Z2 = :(
off-centered camera again (though, a prototype but Z2 final product had it so) = :(
sony, what are you guys doing man? a beautiful device (Z2) was also SOMEWHAT ruined because of some of these issues and other MANY issues.
21. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
If they are staying with the snapdragon 801 then they should make the bezels minimal add OIS to the Camera and price it for 599$ in the US!
24. Genza (Posts: 280; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
If this is indeed the Z3 I'm sure many sony fans will be disappointed.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same processor, same camera, same UI, same everything. 6 month cycle should die.
37. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yup. They shouldn't even bother releasing the thing, might as well throw away all the prototypes and call it off. If they don't release it with the Tegra K1, or Snapdragon 808/810, and a new camera, it's not worth anyone's time.
50. Genza (Posts: 280; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
I agree with you, but it seems there is a big
possibility that the photo is a fake, after i check the IMEI number in the picture number 5 (004402452554714).
It turns out the phone is Xperia Z.
Maybe that's why the placement of the speakers is in the middle of the bezel, for me the pictures looks like Photo shopped Xperia Z.
67. thesims2customs (Posts: 21; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Not sure because XPeria Z has a different camera placement, it's a bit on the middle not on the corner like Z1 or Z2
28. u2s1e0n2 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
Bad UI, No Snapdragon 805 or OIS, annoyingly huge bezels, aesthetically ugly phone. I will pass
30. TisaTsir (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I hope they'll do something about camera and battery life....
45. Federated (Posts: 253; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
The camera and battery life of Z2 are already BETTER than S5 and M8.
64. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Camera? That's debatable, but 1/3 of pa voted for the S5 and not the Z2.
As for battery life, S5 triumphs the Z2.
76. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol noooooooo. Why are you in such denial? I don't get it.
78. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3390; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'm not in denial. Almost any site says the same. And the battery is pretty darn lasty. Okay, the S5 may have little better optimization, since it lasts almost as long with that smaller capacity. But still. I don't get why you can't admit it.