Sony Xperia Z3 Compact specs leak: Snapdragon 801 CPU, 20.7MP rear camera, Android 4.4.2
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2014, 22:36 posted on
The other day, we showed you some pictures that reportedly revealed the Sony Xperia Z3 and Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. With Sony popping out updated versions of its flagship phone twice a year, the manufacturer started a new trend of "Compact" versions of these handsets beginning with the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Unlike the "mini" variants of flagship smartphones, where the specs are taken down a notch or two...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
But where is the z2 compact?? But anyway we haven't even get the z2 here in US.. Oh wait.. i'm not even in US..
3. techperson211 (Posts: 1230; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Doubt it'll have 801 chip that would be z2compact and a 2 gb ram? Z2 is at 3gb ram. We have to wait for the final announcement. But one thing is for sure these will be again a killer mini phones for other OEM.
10. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
2GB is just fine.
Please please please, release it with 4.5 screen, it will be perfect in every way, 720p is also enough and with quality of Z2 panel...I'm sold
17. nazyr1803 (Posts: 91; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
I hope 4.5 inch with a size just like moto x or moto g, not 4.5 inch but with htc one size
26. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
And Sony, c'mon use better audio chip, You have Walkman devices which offer incredible SQ, but your flaghips have poor audio quality in comparision to i.e. HTC. Hell, even iPhone 4 offer better SQ
16. UglyFrank (Posts: 1678; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
The Z3 will apparently have an 801, there is no point making a Z2 compact since the different is negligible
2. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I think it's about time that phones with 4.5"+ screens have 1080p resolution. That's what this phone should have. Hopefully there is also less top and bottom bezel on the one...
23. buccob (Posts: 2571; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Why? I rather have the excelent battery life of the Z1 Compact
5. vivek_ananda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
4.5" would be a perfect size if not for the onscreen buttons taking up that precious screen space
6. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
4.5 ich screen is perfect...... 4.3 was a little small for my taste, being a xperia sp user i will upgrade to this....
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Releasing flagships with 6 months time period is not good Sony.
Z3 or Z2 compact? Whatever, but its a minor upgrade from Z1 Compact except screen. Only powerful mini.
11. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Samsung have a galaxy F coming up, LG has a Lg G3 prime.
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Same with HTC. I think they want updated hardware / software for specific conscious group. But this is bad for early flagships' owners.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
They say its SAMESUNG, what about this sony fans?
33. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Absolutely fanboyic. Comparing a phone with a phone that doesn't even exists. LOL.
37. Busyboy (unregistered)
Didn't know the leaks were OFFICIAL, sorry..
9. zennacko (Posts: 237; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I'm cool with my Z1 Compact, the main difference is the snapdragon 801, and its higher clock speeds. If I need to replace my Z1 Compact in the near future, I'll look for something with Snapdragon 805 or better, the 801 with Adreno 330 is just "more of the same"
Also, I'm extremely happy with the 720p screen, no need for a 1080 to sip on my battery like an alcoholic on whisky. But then, given by the trends in the industry, a Z4/5 Compact would get past 5 inches (TOO BIG) with a QHD screen at least. :(
25. buccob (Posts: 2571; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I would have chosen the Z1 Compact a while ago, but decided to pass because of the many issues encountered by users and posted on Sony Talk forums...
I might upgrade to this instead if it meet my expectations, but I see how a jump from a Z1C would make little sense.
I really wanted the ZL2 that got out on Japan... but there is no international version, and the Z2a is still only in Taiwan... we'll see
12. mayur007 (Posts: 566; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
As z3 will posses sd 805
So its compact should also have sd805
I think its z2 compact not a z3
15. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
38. Busyboy (unregistered)
That is still a rumor/leak so don't jump to conclusions
41. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Sd805 is expected in 2015 only so yeah..z4 will have 805 not z3
42. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The 810 is expected next year. The 805 will definitely show up this year.