Sony Xperia Z2 won't be delayed, but stock levels aren't high at the moment
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2014, 08:41 posted on
Sony stopped taking pre-orders for the unlocked Xperia Z2. That's because the demand for the new smartphone seems to be higher than Sony anticipated...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Z2 ultra pls. For my upgrade from z ultra. Pls include 3500mah or 4000mah if possible
13. akki20892 (Posts: 3853; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sorry guys I booked it about 10 millions for me.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10226; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The phone most definitely would have gotten delayed if they chose to release it in the US at launch. Waiting for T-Mobile to announce when they're grabbing the exclusive deal again.
8. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If T-Mobile have exclusive on the Z2... The Z2 is going to fail in the U.S. market period... There are just too many people who won't switch carrier just for a phone, including me bc T-Mobile gets 2G in where I live XD
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10226; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lots of people switched to AT&T for the iPhone from 2007-2011.
14. greyhulk (Posts: 152; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
At least it has most of the LTE bands this time around, so you can get an unlocked version and you don't have to wait for some special version they make for Rogers in Canada for it to work on AT&T.
3. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
lol. Sony is doing an Apple...low stocks our a$$
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10226; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Building hype to jack up the price of the first batch of stock.
4. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
if its gonna release in japan this month, its still be DELAYED.IN OTHER COUNTRY.
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
In Finland it's going to be released on April the 7th. At leas in that store. Plus there's a SmartBand bundle.
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I gotta go into the store immediately when it comes to get it!
10. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I think you should camp outside. Just to be 100% sure.
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Nah. I'll rather put my mom do that lol. Just kidding. Any kind of camping is not for me.
15. f35hunter (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
i think sony doing a thing called in economic (offer_demand) when you get high demand and offers at the level of demand your prices will drops quickly to non profital levels .so when you have high demand you must lower the capacity of what you offer so you could get high margins and control the demand plus they want the people to by z1 & z1 compact which the still produce if they release the z2 in high quantity a less people will buy the z1 & z1compact and focus on z2 instead and they will stay in huge stocks .because that sony delayed 4.4 kit kat update for z1 & z1compact
16. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
asia-pacific is promised with april to may release/availability. with 750$ unlocked price. just like the initial price of the Z1. sony cannot make this higher even if they want to or cut the supply artificially.
and no, ever since the announcement the of Z2, Z1 has drastically dropped down in sales. people will stay clear of the z1 unless it has a really worthy price cut and as of now there is very little deduction to its price.
prices will drop as soon as the next better version is out at same srp. and since sony releases flagships 6 months apart, previous sony flagship smartphones price will go down faster than apple which has a yearly cycle (iphones are amazing at staying expensive for long periods of time even after a successor is available).
17. therons (Posts: 28; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
it is mean Z2 is out off stock?? wow...congratulation Sony...