Sony Xperia Z2 vs iPhone 5s vs Lumia 1520 low-light camera comparison
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2014, 03:00 posted on
The Z2 was set against the iPhone 5s, and the Lumia 1520, using the three phones in the same way - to snap a picture of the contents in a box, mimicking low-light conditions. The image from the Z2 looked much brighter, at least on the phone's display, as if there has been plenty of light around, indicating slower shutter speeds, higher ISO, or a combination of both might have been in play...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
34. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Ok nice job ! But tell to everyone . IN BRASIL WE DON´T WANT A WORLD CUP !!! We need hospitals, education, security etc. Please send to your friends. Thx!
38. Sauce (unregistered)
My girlfriend is Brazilian. I love brazilians. And their butts.
But yes, too much money being spent on the world cup.
39. hari120 (Posts: 21; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
wow thats imposible!!! Anyway good work sony!
48. LuckyS (Posts: 154; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Opa, opa, Sony style. Z2 pics are so much better.
50. sonisoe (Posts: 409; Member since: 06 May 2009)
if not mistaken nokia lumia 1020 does this kind of thing, ran the same demo too...
52. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Thats not really fair cause he turned on night mode on the xperia Z2 while on the Lumia 1520 he used the standard settings
65. JaroB (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
NO.....NOKIA 0:59 - 1:10 .....AUTO ...LED off....
SONY 1:25 and 1:36 AUTO low light....
68. elitewolverine (Posts: 5125; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
low light...vs auto. The auto with led off is not so he can turn off the flash, the nokia uses the led as a way to sense and balance unless your using manual mode. And there was no low light for the nokia, yes there is an option for it, and they didn't use it. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
53. h3nryvn (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Wah so gud for sony z2
However did anyone has exp in sony z1 camera? I try in a shop, when u use the z1 camera in fully zoomed, the picture is freaking blurred. However, when I use galaxy note 3 and iPhone, the quality much better when I zoom it. Is there something wrong with sony z1. I try it not juz one store.
64. elitewolverine (Posts: 5125; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
So on the 1520 you have the option for iso and shutter speed and you use auto?
In a box that is blocking the sensor?
People really do have no clue
66. rahool360 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
this is nothing new ...no offence...sony claimed same thing about xperia z1 but once the device was released they changed the tagline to best water proof cameraphone from best cameraphone...once everyone reviewed it and compared with other smartphones its camera was slammed to be far behind every flagship available by every website and i too agree they had the h/w for better camera with a great sensor they blow it with their algorithms..
67. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
SONY made their homework step by step, you could feel the improvement on all previous Z models.
this time they will blow away everything!!
if you want to be a trendsetter change your mind in time.
69. TheLoyalist (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Man, no flash fired on Z2...jesus PA, just be correct!