Sony Xperia Z2 vs Z1: first look
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2014, 05:32 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z2 is thinner than the Z1, with a larger, better display, faster processor, more RAM, larger battery, stereo speakers, and runs on the newest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Let's dive in for the nitty-gritty differences between the six-months old Z1, and its thorough overhaul the Z2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. outlawog (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
Its so huge, it looks like a dining table. But thats just me, i dont like big phones lol.
4. Lyngdoh (Posts: 227; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Dining tables have legs. This phone don't. Joke = fail.
10. Lyngdoh (Posts: 227; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
You are comparing a phone to a table! What kind of a joke is that?
11. outlawog (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
Oh come on now, not literally - metaphorically. Stop being so serious - you must be so fun at parties!
9. datphoneguy (Posts: 145; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Yeah this is just too big - even the Z1 seemed kinda "clunky" in comparison to the S4/HTC One...the new Z2 is approaching the size of the Note. And the Note is far superior to the Z2 in almost every way....
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3478; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I think approaching is putting it lightly. They are in the same size category.
Z2: 5.78" x 2.89" x .32"
N3: 5.95" x 3.12" x .33"
Pretty damned close.
19. ivanprskalo (Posts: 122; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Note is not superior to Z2. No way.
Z2 has surely better camera, higher ppi count, resolution the same, Z2 is waterproof, better processor, battery the same, screen on par or better on Z2, so what Note has? That stupid pencil no one uses? hahah
2. red_fox (unregistered)
They look almost the same but the Z2 looks a bit more premium-ish
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 316; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I'd be pissed big time if I was a Z1 owner, Z! isn't even a year old yet the replacement already fixes it in 6 months, the display looks gorgeous.
20. ivanprskalo (Posts: 122; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
What is with you people. Do you use phone for bragging or what?
Why do you feel need always to have latest phone? It's not a race or competition...
Why would you be pissed off if you were Z1 owner?
Because Sony release new phone?
Is it forbidden for them? Maybe your precious feelings weren't so important to them after all... laughable... people, get a life, use your phone, don't be obsessed with non important things...
5. Imaxxacre (Posts: 67; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
Specs wise, I dunno if the Z2 is large enough of an improvement over the Z1 to really matter much.
6. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
hands on video kthx. God thing thing is gorgeous
7. mokhtar (Posts: 392; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
everything that i want in this phone , it's just perfetc 100/100
best build quality and the design is just awsoome , thinner and no bezels
the sound is just incredible .. 2 speakers s-force
3 GB RAM . 2.3 ghz , 20mp 4k video , slow motion 120 fps , you can use it with gloove , and waterproof , what a human want more ? this is just wow
12. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
is that IPS screen? wow that's good. Finally Sony listens to the customers
13. eq5555 (Posts: 64; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
Black color and some contrast picture please comparison
14. Astoni (Posts: 625; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
This just goes to show how much sony "cares" about its customers... Z1 is more than capable of the 4k and 120fps.. and if we don't get anything similar in future updates its the last and first time i buy a sony flagship. I'd rather go back to samsung atleast they upgrade the phones on the software side..
15. doanbx (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Haha, I am waiting Z2 is being annoucements because in that, the price of Z1 will drop and I can have own it! I love Z1
17. Scomii (Posts: 25; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)
z2 is taller than z1 but its also narrower,thinner and lighter.
18. Scomii (Posts: 25; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)
z2 is taller than z1 but its also narrower,thinner and lighter. Considering that its still water proof ,has a bigger display and an even bigger battery capacity , id say its size it right.